Any interest in buying a Roof top tent?

burke

First off, if group buy threads aren’t kosher let me know and I’ll delete this thread.

I am looking to buy a Camping lab 55x94 roof top tent and was wondering if three more individuals might be interested to garner a discount on the purchase. Here is the link to the tent:
http://www.campinglab.com/carpatecho02.html

If you have any interest in a RTT please email me and I can explain the pricing on the group buy if we can hit 4 tents. There is a decent discount, but all of the tents would have to be shipped together to a commercial address. Each individual could pay separately but all payments must be made before shipment.

If interested you can email me bjstun@yahoo.com

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Love my RTT... :greg:

I'd considering selling my Mombasa to get a newer tent. I love ours, it's HUGE but honestly I wouldn't mind a better designed rain fly.

Do you know what the price per tent will be if you get 4 people to buy at the same time?

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
What's that thing you got mounted on the back of your taco, Kurt? And on your trailer? Sissy... :D

I sometimes think I want a RTT, but then sometimes I wonder what for. I sleep just fine in the back of the 80 with all the seats folded up.
But then I see pictures of rigs out on the baja with RTTs and suddenly I have to have one!

I might be willing to take yours off your hands if you decide to sell, Greg.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
That's Cool....and yes only sissies and pretty boys need apply.

I was just poking you :D I've been camping with a RTT for over 3 years now, absolutely love the options it gives me. I started with a 1st gen Mombasa, great tent and bar-none the best bang for the buck. I sold that and upgraded to a 2nd gen Mombasa, which pretty much identical to the CampingLabs unit (btw Fernando the owner of CampingLabs is a great guy!). I needed something different for my truck and ARB had just come out with their new tent (called the Simpson II), it shares a very similar design and construction as the Mombasa and CampingLabs however it has better fabric (ripstop) and an awning over the ladder portion. Its been a great tent though I'll be selling it in a week or two as the new ARB Simpson III is due to me shortly :D So yeah, I'm a sissy with a tent. :eek:

burke

I was just poking you :D I've been camping with a RTT for over 3 years now, absolutely love the options it gives me. I started with a 1st gen Mombasa, great tent and bar-none the best bang for the buck. I sold that and upgraded to a 2nd gen Mombasa, which pretty much identical to the CampingLabs unit (btw Fernando the owner of CampingLabs is a great guy!). I needed something different for my truck and ARB had just come out with their new tent (called the Simpson II), it shares a very similar design and construction as the Mombasa and CampingLabs however it has better fabric (ripstop) and an awning over the ladder portion. Its been a great tent though I'll be selling it in a week or two as the new ARB Simpson III is due to me shortly :D So yeah, I'm a sissy with a tent. :eek:

I know you were kidding...guess i should have used one of theses:rofl:
how much you looking to get out of your simpsonII?

burke

I think we can sell our Mombasa, so we're probably in for the group buy. When do you need a for sure answer?

I was going to give it a few days to gauge interest. Probably thursday or friday we should have an idea if this is going to work.

solidfrontaxle

Toyota jihad
They are tents that mount on your roofrack or other roof load bars. They usually have a built in mattress and a hard floor. Generally, half of the tent sits on the roof and half is supported by a ladder. The two halves fold together over the roof like a book, collapsing the tent so you can zip a waterproof cover over it. To deploy, you just zip off the cover, fold it open and maybe set up a few support bars.
This shows what I'm talking about

Some tents, like the Maggiolina are a hard fiberglass shell that pops up or folds open.
http://www.autohomeus.com/rooftop/maggiolina.php