Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

sixstringsteve

we're looking for a fun place to ride tomorrow. We're burnt out from lambert and corner canyon. Any recommendations for some dry trails out there?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
That was a neat video. How does it rate on the noob friendly scale? Not pedaling up the mountain appeals greatly to me.:rolleyes:

sixstringsteve

There are plenty of noob friendly trails there, but I think Sundance is a funner place to ride for smooth trails. Canyons was a little choppy and it was overwhelming my full suspension.

Sundance opens up in 2 weeks, check it out.

Canyons is better for the big park, jump, ladder features.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
$10 bike stand! I already had the pipe and the wood, if you had to buy those it might be a $15 bike stand. :)

20150430_105545_zpsf8wgdgtz.jpg

Of course, all three bikes have different sized seat posts :rolleyes:, so I'll need to rework the clamp jaws to accomodate all three. That'll take some fiddling I'm sure, reason enough to buy a real stand if you can swing it.

sixstringsteve

It was a fun trail system. I couldn't believe how smooth the trais were. I could have ridden them on a BMX bike.

Unfortunately my wife sprained her ankle and we had to cut the trip short. She o s anxious to get back there though.

My boys are getting interested in biking again, so I'm lookin for a new bike this Spring. My budget says I'm looking for used, but high quality - think 1-2k. I'm pretty sure I want a full suspension XC or all mountain rig in Large. Current bikes are Santa Cruz Blur and Stumpjumper - both XL 26ers and I have loved both of them. I'm super skinny, so light weight makes a huge difference to me.

Just trying to get a feel for the market without riding everything out there. Does anyone have experience with Niner bikes?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
We went down to ride the whole enchilada Friday but rain put an end to that. We ended up riding most of the Mag 7 trails out by Gemini bridges. It was awesome! I very highly recommend them. The view of bull canyon was amazing. The trails are super flowy and really fun.

sixstringsteve

Awesome. If you like mag 7, then I'm sure I'll love it too. You like similar trails to me. I may have to run down there in the next month to ride it, sounds fun. How technical was it on a scale of 1-10? I wonder if my wife could ride it.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
We started at the West end of Gemini bridges road right off 313. We road getaway to wild horse to 7up. That section is a 4 or 5 but flowed really well and was really fun. From 7up we road wildcat over to bull run. We ran bull run West to East which is downhill and pretty similar to porcupine rim with less exposure, maybe an 8 tech. There were a few ledges 12" tall and a few rock slabs to climb. We bailed out of the lower half and headed back on the road due to time so I don't now about the east half of bull run. There is lots of sand but it was wet so it rode great. I think you'd like it and your wife would be fine on 90% of what we rode and she could walk the few tech sections on bull run.