Any Mtn Bikers on RME?

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Definitely. How much you wanna spend? Easy to DIY, but there's commercial options too. The one I saw that I really liked was really similar to number two, it was made of bent pipe that he'd connected with threaded rod so he could adjust for tire size, and it attached to a piece of superstrut he'd bolted to bed so he could pull it out when he wasn't using it. Pretty slick.

A tailgate pad is easier though.

1714320702057.png

1714320737094.png

1714320805208.png

1714320847541.png

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I have a rack that I use to haul 3 dirt bikes in the bed and still use my fold up tonneau cover. I use it for mt bikes too. I lightly use my dirt bike straps on the handle bars. Obviously wouldn’t work with carbon bars. It’s not the most convenient but it does work. I’d do tailgate pad if it wasn’t for wanting the tonneau cover

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I plan on making a couple of these this year to run on my Tacoma. I use a tailgate pad but these can easily be removed with one strap and thrown behind the seat for quick deploy. Plus they won't block your backup camera.

I don’t use my tailgate pad much, mostly because I need bed space, but it seems like my tailgate pad has a ton of tire marks on it.

I’ve always wondered if those single bike pads could cause paint damage if you care about that kind of thing?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I don’t use my tailgate pad much, mostly because I need bed space, but it seems like my tailgate pad has a ton of tire marks on it.

I’ve always wondered if those single bike pads could cause paint damage if you care about that kind of thing?
I wonder the same thing. I also worry about the tailgate pad grinding dirt into the paint so I always clean the tailgate before putting it on. I think the bomber strap is a bit overpriced for >$100 and it looks pretty easy to replicate with some Cordura, a few feet of webbing and some foam, so I'll give it a shot at some point. If it doesn't protect the paint, I'm only out a few bucks and some time or I can sell it to Dave:rofl: