Any welders on here? Looking for assistance to get sliders welded on

Any welders on here? Looking for assistance to get sliders welded on *UPDATE*

Hey guys-
I am new to the forum, building up my 4Runner as some sort of an overland rig. I bought some sliders that my dad was going to help weld on but he is in his mid 70s and afraid it will be too hard on his knees.

Anyone available that might be willing to help me out? Maybe show me how? Or should I get a welder at Harbor Freight and try it myself? Just not something I've ever attempted before. I'm happy to chip in some $ for your time.

Thanks,
Justin

Screenshot_2017-06-21-07-44-51_1498052894997.png

Last edited:

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Justin, I was hoping someone would chime in here since my welder is buried behind boxes since my daughter moved back in but I can move a few around now to get to it.
I'm available tomorrow (earlier is better) or some other day.

Justin, I was hoping someone would chime in here since my welder is buried behind boxes since my daughter moved back in but I can move a few around now to get to it.
I'm available tomorrow (earlier is better) or some other day.

Awesome, thanks! I'm not available tomorrow but I will PM you my number so we can set up a time. Really appreciate it!

Justin

Last edited:
Got 'em on!

Got the sliders on with help from some new friends. It was my first time ever welding and by the end I'd like to think I was starting to get the hang of it.
Pretty happy with how the install turned out and very thankful for the assistance.

Huge thanks to Eric and Ashton for their time, equipment and know-how!! Thanks guys! -Justin

justin-roberts-2849-picture38841-20170708-151613.jpg

justin-roberts-2849-picture38849-20170708-171159.jpg

justin-roberts-2849-picture38857-20170708-172921.jpg

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
With a broken collarbone all I could do was direct and provide shop space. Justin and Ashton did all the work.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Yep. Last Monday in Park City with Kevin and Josh. Found out sagebrush are pretty immovable. Front tire stuck solid at about 20 mph and did an endo. Felt like I got body slammed by Hulk Hogan.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Yep. Last Monday in Park City with Kevin and Josh. Found out sagebrush are pretty immovable. Front tire stuck solid at about 20 mph and did an endo. Felt like I got body slammed by Hulk Hogan.

You're not going to tell them about the ninja bears? Because I distinctly remember you getting ambushed and fighting off a clan of ninja bears.