Anybody else getting destroyed by allergies right now ?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I've never had allergies in my life, then I move here.

Any suggestions? Zyrtec doesn't seem to touch it...

-Frieed

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
A bunch of people I know, myself included are getting worked over by allergies right now. I take a Zyrtec aka sugar pill and do the immunotherapy shots. We'll see how that goes...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Up your vitamin D big time. Seriously. If you have a D deficiency it will take a month or two to build it back up properly but it's a big player with autoimmune (allergy) issues.

I used to take the claritin and whatever patent pharma junk. Never again, shit messed with my heart rate and other things way too much. I also did the shots thing when I was younger. Yeah, I sound like a hippie but you'd be surprised.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Up your vitamin D big time. Seriously. If you have a D deficiency it will take a month or two to build it back up properly but it's a big player with autoimmune (allergy) issues.

I used to take the claritin and whatever patent pharma junk. Never again, shit messed with my heart rate and other things way too much. I also did the shots thing when I was younger. Yeah, I sound like a hippie but you'd be surprised.

I've been taking 5000iu of D3 every day for the last 5 years, so I doubt that's the issue

Frieed, where did you move from? How long have you been here? My first spring in Utah (2008) I could barely breath. I felt like I had asthma or something.

Anyway, it lessened the next year and then the year after that, nothing. I spoke with one of the bio-chemists at my work and he said that you could never have an allergy where you grew up and move to a new location and the local allergens can wreak havoc because they're foreign to us.

I moved from Texas, this is my third spring and my worst yet...

jackjoh

Jack - KC6NAR
Supporting Member
I am allergic to everything but the worst is March and April about EJS time. I take Fexofenadine once a day, Veramyst (nasal steroid) at night, Patanase (nasal antihistamine) once or twice a day, and a salt water sinus rinse morning and night when it is real bad. I gradually back off everything as the symptoms let up and if it gets miserable I get a short course of Prednisone 30 mg per day for 4 days. I had shots before but they did not help that much. I hope you are only allergic to one or two things and can take care of it with Zyrtec or Fexofenadine.

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
Yep Kenalog is the stuff. I usually only need one shot a year but 2 years ago when I moved to the swamps of Farmington I needed to get 2 shots.

johnsonbz

Tried lots of things. Finally found Allegra D.... cant survive springtime in Utah without it. And don't touch your eyes for the next months.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I take allegra, barely touches it but makes it semi bareable, going to look into that shot. I was thinking the other the other why the body had such a response to things that are natural that come along every year. I don't get it

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Tried lots of things. Finally found Allegra D.... cant survive springtime in Utah without it. And don't touch your eyes for the next months.

I can't stand any of the decongestants. they make my head buzz and give me that blank stare at work..

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
ive tried every allergy pill out there. the only one that works for me is th walmart brand chlor tabs. but they only work for 4 hours. allergies are miserable.
i had a skin test on my back when i was 12ish. i was allergic to everything they tested for. my whole back was swollen. my back still itches when i have allergies now