Anybody need/want any parts off a 2003 F-350 diesel truck?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
One of my neighbors just texted me. He has a non-running 2003 F-350 diesel truck (I have no idea what is wrong with it). He just purchased a replacement truck, and is willing to part out the old one if it might help someone. He texted me because "he knows a lot of Jeep guys like using parts off these trucks like axles and stuff," and he asked me to spread the word.

Anyone think they might need anything? If you need photos or other additional info, let me know.

(Sorry this post is so vague--I've shared all the info I have at this time.)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Okay, I will check with him and let you know. (I have no idea of their market value, and I have no idea what he is going to tell me.)

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
The plot thickens. I texted my neighbor to ask him for a price on the axles. Here is his (lengthy) reply:

"That truck is at my friend's house in Roy. I brought it to him because I wanted it bulletproofed, but when he started into the engine the pistons were bad. I talked to him and he said my best option would be to find a different truck and bulletproof that, then either part out the old one or find someone to buy the entire thing. So I bought a new truck, took it to him, and had him bulletproof it. Now that I have it back, I'm ready to unload the old one. If you know someone with a trailer, we can take the truck back to my house [in Lehi], or we could take it to your friend who wants the axles and let him pull off what he needs and I'll make a screaming deal for him. I'm just trying to get the truck out of my hair. Let me know what you and your Jeep friends think and we can make a game plan for it."

@Agility Customs, you've got first dibs on this thing. How do you feel about what he said?

(I will also throw in an apology. I had no idea the truck was in Roy--I thought it was still in his back yard.)

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
That just made the value of it even less. I have a 97 7.3 that could go into it but I don't have the money to buy the truck or time and patience to motor swap it.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
FYI: today my neighbor texted me and said "I'd take $2500-$3000 for the whole truck."

Only photo he sent me:
truck.jpg

(And just in case anyone is wondering, I have no stake in this deal. I'm just trying to pass the word to some friends; I'm not getting any sort of compensation in any way.)