Anyone in construction? Looking for some tyvek

ozzy702

Just like the title says, anyone in construction have some tyvek they don't need? Looking for a small amount to use as ground clothes for tents.

Rock Taco

How much do you want Steve? I can front the cost on it and sell you guys what you want at cost then deal with the remainder. I can probably get it a little cheaper. I'll have to check.

mesha

By endurance we conquer
The last tyvek I got I just asked a construction crew. They had a piece big enough for what I needed they were going to throw away. That is more of a pain than just buying it though :)

Which doesn't answer your question. I am not in construction, but I just asked a few crews as I drove past. Essentially, I did the same thing as you are doing. I was driving a car, you are driving the internet.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

How much do you want Steve? I can front the cost on it and sell you guys what you want at cost then deal with the remainder. I can probably get it a little cheaper. I'll have to check.

Coo. I want a ton, like 60 feet. I want to try a few tent andb bivvy designs.

D

Deleted member 12904

I have been wanting to try a few of those DIY projects you see on YouTube if anyone gets a roll I'm down for $15 or $20 worth

ozzy702

http://www.homedepot.com/p/TYVEK-HomeWrap-9-ft-x-150-ft-Roll-Housewrap-D13499991/100422450

^ If we're certain that the stuff above is what we need (Steve said there were two different types) then I'll order up a roll and sell it at cost. Looks to be about $1.15 a foot after taxes.

Edit: saw Rock Taco's post above. Go for it if you can get a discount. Please let us know. I'll have to do some measuring but I'm probably good for at least $30 worth.

Last edited:

ozzy702

You can buy them on ebay already cut with loops/tabs to put wherever you want them for pretty cheap.

Good point. What I'm seeing is that it's about $1.75-$3 a foot plus shipping, whereas full price at Home Depot is $1.15 a foot after taxes (talking about 9' wide sections). If someone gets a discount from Home Depot or Lowes that could be pushed under the $1 a foot mark which makes playing with the stuff for projects much more appealing, especially for someone like me that will probably make mistakes. :)

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
but Steve, it requires stakes -- gasp --

My mom made a bunch of Frostline kits when I was a kid. Great prices, but I can still hear her cussing trying to sew the slippery nylon fabric together.
At least with tyvec you won't have to sear the edges to keep it from fraying.

Who wants to sleep in a Tyvek tent? That is the loudest crinkly material out there. ....anyway, My company Tyveks homes. I'll let you know when we do our next job. We can save some cutouts from the windows.

P.S. There are like three types. There's a housewrap, commercial wrap and a textured housewrap. You probably want the commercial stuff which is about twice as thick as the residential stuff but twice the cost as well.

-Chris