Anyone restricted from canyon driving in 4x4 without chains?

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
I don't see it being an issue unless you get stuck. If you are truckin along I don't see getting pulled over. But if you get stuck and start blocking traffic I would expect a citation

Bingo!

In my canyon they require Snow tires on cars all winter long. When you speak with an officer about it Snow tires is the tire that has the snowflake/ mountain symbol on it. Tires that display M/S do not qualify. There is a different compound in the snow tire vs M/S tire.
Cops anit guna pull you over and look at your tires, but if you slide off or get stuck on the road, be ready for a ticket.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
With light snow (less than 3 inches) I agree. Deep snow I have had good results.

I had to pull my seat out of my butt from pucker effect this morning. With the light snow ( 1 inch) I was headed down hill with a stop light at the bottom and locked up the brakes, well the abs locked up the brakes, but there was no stopping me. I slide through the red light, but I am lucky nobody was in front of me and people heard my horn and stopped at the green light going the other way. This is the first time the KM2's have done something this scary to me.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I had to pull my seat out of my butt from pucker effect this morning. With the light snow ( 1 inch) I was headed down hill with a stop light at the bottom and locked up the brakes, well the abs locked up the brakes, but there was no stopping me. I slide through the red light, but I am lucky nobody was in front of me and people heard my horn and stopped at the green light going the other way. This is the first time the KM2's have done something this scary to me.

Steve sounds VERY happy with his siped KM2's... other than the noise.