Anyone wanna go 'wheeling on July 4th?

dbach

what time would you meet . i to have to be back to the parking lot since i tralier my junk.
what time do you expect to be finished for the day ,i have a picnic to go to early evening

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
what time would you meet . i to have to be back to the parking lot since i tralier my junk.
what time do you expect to be finished for the day ,i have a picnic to go to early evening

As mentioned above:

- we'll meet at the reservoir parking lot at 8am.
- we should be definitely back down by lunch time.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Myself and the kids might wander up by the "B" in Bountiful if anyone is up for that. Probably bring a weapon or six and stop at the shooting range on the way back home (I don't dare do any shooting outside of established ranges with our tinderbox conditions)

You may want to call before you go, we live by the shooting range and haven't heard any shots in over a week.

utekrawler

I may be up there early enough to tag along. I might be up there camping somewhere but if possible i would tag along up to forest lake... and who knows maybe i could get in some 5 mile in the afternoon!! :D

dbach

how many are going for sure ?
could i ask if we could meet at 9:00 instaed of 8:00 i live in slc and it takes a little longer to get there .
the group [if there is a group]can stay as long as they want i just have to be back in town by late afternoon

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
how many are going for sure ?

Good question. So far, there seem to be a lot of 'maybes' but not too many commitments. Even my co-worker (who originally brought up this idea) is still on the fence.

I do have three other people 100% committed to go, making it at least a four-rig run. I figure we'll just get there and see who else shows up.

could i ask if we could meet at 9:00 instaed of 8:00 i live in slc and it takes a little longer to get there .

I had to push us back to 8:00 as Will (the first person who committed to go) wanted to start at 7:00. :eek: And now that I've mentioned it on two forums plus sent out a number of private text messages--all of which said we'll start at 8:00--I think it's too late to change the time now. I realize you'll need to wake up a bit early, and I apologize for that.

Look at the bright side: you'll have time for a nap when you get home before your evening activities. ;)

Last edited:

dbach

ok, that makes 3 + me .i will meet you at the tibble fork parking lot at 8:00 tomorrow mourning
i will p-m you with my cell # in case there is a problem

sixstringsteve

rough road, rocks the size of basketballs. off-camber tippy stuff towards the end, but no cliffs or rollover danger. Most of the trail is in the shade. It's a beautiful trail through the trees ending up at a small lake. If you've never been up there, you owe it to yourself to check it out. There's a reason it's so crowded, it's stunning scenery. imagine a good rockcrawling trail through the uintas.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

i see a fire in Alpine. Is AF Canyon on fire as well? Are there two fires going, or are people thinking the Alpine fire is up AF Canyon?

Last edited:

Westernhunter

Sorry. One fire is all I see. It looked like the mouth of the canyon. This may still block access.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

sixstringsteve

it's a couple miles north of the canyon right now. It appears to be blowing northward. Hopefully they get it put out soon, but last time I saw it, there were flames visible from 10 miles away.

oh how fun i was hoping to still go on a forest lake run tomorrow. im off im willing to go help run a pic on the fire line lol lets get it out before its all ash, and burnt homes.

Westernhunter

Run is off. Where to now? I have never been concerned with being trapped on a trail but I am not sure I want to go out now. These fires are moving fast!