Anything like a tractor supply out here?

hoxviii

Ford-natic
Well, i've found myself in a bind a couple times either looking for stuff or finding it and not being willing to pay what some crazy retailers want (like grade 8 bolts at Lowes, give me a freaking break :eek:).

So, I don't know what's around here but I'm looking for a farm and feed, something like a TSC, Orscheln's, or Family Center (doubt any of the three are around here).

Either that, or just a really good hardware store. Preferably one that sells bolts by the pound rather than per each.

I'm in Draper, so preferably between Lehi and Salt Lake proper.

Justin

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
Cal-ranch down in American Fork/Pleasant Grove is good for lots of things like that. (sorry 2 exits past the Lehi Main street exit).

Doh! Meat is a second faster!

hoxviii

Ford-natic
Either way it's only about 12 miles form me. Thanks guys, looks like i'll have to work my way down there and take a look see.

Justin

Meat_

Banned
CAL Ranch has grade 8 stuff for $3.49/lb There are a few grade 8 things that are only in the per piece bins though. Double D tends to be slightly cheaper....

hoxviii

Ford-natic
Orem is twice as far away as Lehi, so I'd be having to buy ALOT of bolts at once to make up that difference.:p

But it'll pay for itself in a hurry not spending 1.25 per bolt at lowes or home depot. It just baffles me how they can get off charging prices like that for a dang bolt.

Justin

Meat_

Banned
Depends, it's not down town Orem. It's on Geneva road at about 1300 N, and if you are buying say grade 8 nylocs of any size.... it's cheaper to go to Double D because CAL Ranch doesn't have hardened nylocs in bulk, they do have grade 5 nylocs in bulk.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Nice to see another Draperite :)

If you are willing to drive into SLC, Nut and Bolt Supply has a huge selection and prices are decent.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Nut and Bolt Supply will also take the time to find very obscure metric-threaded, standard-headed bolts for very obscure Italian etching presses, in the quantity of ONE. I love them and have sworn allegiance to them for that fine bit of work.

Marshall's Industrial Hardware. They are on California Ave., just west of 215.

They are good for the odball stuff.

I buy my bulk hardware by the pound from Cal-Ranch.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
nuts and bolts also has a store in midvale... its just north of 7200 on the street that cafe silvester is on... not sure the name of the street.... haven't been there for a few years...