April 13-14 RME Moab gathering

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
So Sat. what trails to do?

Sunday what trails to do?

I'm glad to do some of the Sophomore trails for the stock type folks (Dome Plateau, Seven Mile) or open to just exploring something new.

We can document some closures/potential closures or whatever

No EJS this year for you and lovely bride?
Nope, we bowed out this year.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
What's the accommodation plan? Are people camping somewhere?
Ditto, also will probably change what rig I bring. If no ones planning to camp I'll probably get a room booked sooner than later.

Also --- by happenstance I ended up with this weekend off. Even have the preceding Friday off so may go down early

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
$250 for a night! Must be nice to be so liquid! :D
If its staying in town, looks like I'm KOAing it.

I get quite a discount I guess? Haven't checked for this specific weekend. Maybe I am KOA guy that weekend? Maybe I'll use your Mastercard?

I do get a bit of a discount. $220---not sure I'm up to that cash.

Moab Rim CampPark is pretty friendly to Jeep/4x4 folk. I'll probably stay there?

Edit 2:
Even though they are friendly, they don't have availability. Maybe I'm RTT guy this trip?

Last edited:

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
If camping in/near town I like Pack Creek campground. It's a ways off the highway so usually quieter for tent campers that don't want to listen to cars & trucks rolling through town all night.

Last edited:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
If camping in/near town I like Pack Creek campground. It's a ways off the highway so usually quieter for tent campers that don't want to listen to cars & trucks rolling through town all night. They also have cabins you can rent.
I don’t see any cabins on their website.

The KOA fully self-contained cabins are about $180-200/night for that weekend. The small cabins (no bathrooms inside) are about $100/night.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I don’t see any cabins on their website.

The KOA fully self-contained cabins are about $180-200/night for that weekend. The small cabins (no bathrooms inside) are about $100/night.
My bad. I thought they had cabins but apparently not. I have camped there several times but always in a tent. Looks like you're squared away at the KOA...