August 2011 Old School Rock Crawl ?

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Awesome, I talked with Kevin in St. George, I think we need to propose to the U4 to host their Summer Convention at this event.

horny-wombat

i dont know elliot i get home from afghanistan right before then and thats tiffs birthday so u should do a week later haha and i think i have to play army that day

BCGPER

Starting Another Thread
Those who were into competing 10 or 20 years ago can remember when we went out and did these competitions for fun. No multi-million dollar rigs, no huge purse. We had fun and bragging rights until the next competition, and maybe a few bucks and nice trophy to go with it. Today's professional rockcrawling is a far cry from where it started.

In Old School, you'll see the rules a little more forgiving than other forms of rockcrawling. The goal is to have something ANYONE can be competitive in at a minimal cost, but still keep everyone safe and the different classes fair.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Those who were into competing 10 or 20 years ago can remember when we went out and did these competitions for fun. No multi-million dollar rigs, no huge purse. We had fun and bragging rights until the next competition, and maybe a few bucks and nice trophy to go with it. Today's professional rockcrawling is a far cry from where it started.

In Old School, you'll see the rules a little more forgiving than other forms of rockcrawling. The goal is to have something ANYONE can be competitive in at a minimal cost, but still keep everyone safe and the different classes fair.

I agree with the XRRA and KOH and WEROCK its a huge industry.
The fact that ORSC has gone back to simple fun comps is what makes me want to compete.
IF my buddy competes it would be in a full size dodge!

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
You will have a good time. OSRC is a GREAT place for first-time competitors, if you ask me. Things are mellow... and if you stick around for the multiple hangouts afterwards, shenanigans are bound to occur. You can meet a bunch of cool UT luminaries :D

I will be sticking to pedal bikes or my own 2 feet for this one though. :rofl:

maveric

Crawler Collecter
You will have a good time. OSRC is a GREAT place for first-time competitors, if you ask me. Things are mellow... and if you stick around for the multiple hangouts afterwards, shenanigans are bound to occur. You can meet a bunch of cool UT luminaries :D

I will be sticking to pedal bikes or my own 2 feet for this one though. :rofl:

Great events. Its nice that everyone is just having fun and not so serious. The after-event hangouts are a kick too, and we will bring our own firewood this time. Maybe will make a big enough fire that Tacoma can actually see where he is going :rolleyes:

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
i cant wait till august to compete again, i just need to fix my rig. I would tell anyone that wants to try rockcrawling to come to this event its perfect to get your feet wet and the people are all there to help each other