Auto Body Quote

jeepatic4X4

Does anyone know how much it would be or where i could find out how much a dent (not very small) in the back of a 1996 Acura Integra would cost? Looking for cheap but not "cheap" work. If you know of a scrap yard or something where i can find a back hatch for it let me know. Thanks. Sorry if the pic is too small.

Attachments

• 3.bmp
    56.3 KB · Views: 46

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
OUCH!!!!!!!!! That looks like it's been needing attention for quite some time. Tim at Wolfords is a member here. He'll treat you right. They'll do a good repair and you can have confidence that it'll last. Looks like that thing is needing more than just a hatch reworked from your crappy picture. You'll need a replacement hatch and I'd get the quarter panel fixed while you're at it (and any other damage) if the car is worth anything to you.

The good thing about your car is it looks like it's black. Black is always black, so you could just paint the parts off the car and install them and have something that looked semi-OK if you wanted to try and tackle it yourself.

Autocare, Millers, Dons (Millville) and Prestons all used to do quality work, but I've not lived in the valley for about 12 years or so, so I'm not up on the latest body shop gossip.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Call B&B auto body as well. I have used them before and have been happy with their work. They seemed like a straight forward - no BS type of shop. One of their employees is on RME as well, I can't remember his name right now. Maybe he will post up.

They are approx 4500 south, and just west of I-15 if that help you find them

jeepatic4X4

the rest of the body is in really good condition and i've been told that i could just get a hatch off of another car and slap it in there. Would that work or would it just create more hassel?

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Replacing a hatch, and having it painted sounds much easier than doing the body work and having it painted. Look around for a hatch, and see how much of it you can do yourself before you take it to a shop with the high labor rates

wildkid

...Jeepless...
I've seen B&B's work, very nice.

I personally have used Dave Adams Classic Car Repair and have been very happy with the results (the shop off of 8th north in Orem).

Dent Master is a choice, probably the least expensive I know of while still providing good finish.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
.........The good thing about your car is it looks like it's black. Black is always black, so you could just paint the parts off the car and install them and have something that looked semi-OK if you wanted to try and tackle it yourself...........

the rest of the body is in really good condition and i've been told that i could just get a hatch off of another car and slap it in there. Would that work or would it just create more hassel?

I'd go for a different hatch rather than attempt a sheetmetal repair on that one. Again, if it's black, you're in luck. If it's Charcoal, you'll have to 'blend' the paint to make it look right.

Replacing a hatch, and having it painted sounds much easier than doing the body work and having it painted. Look around for a hatch, and see how much of it you can do yourself before you take it to a shop with the high labor rates

Rusted has the right idea.