aw4 problems

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Are you two talking about that guy that made a Tiptronic style shifter for the AW4? Pretty sure that's on NAXJA somewhere still......

yep that is the one... now I know the keyword that will land me where I want to go

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
No, I don't think it's him. This guys website is very generic, but he has a nice product. The controls are made of billet AL (if I remember right). His product is a manual selecter. If you want the trans to go in third and stay in third, you select third. If you want 2nd, etc. All on a joystick.

74highboy

yeah id like to do that once i work all the bugs out i picked up another trany last night as soon as i get a day off im going to try to get it swapped out but i need to find a tranny jack that will be tall enough

74highboy

ok so tonight i unplugged the tcu and took it for a drive it still cuts out in 1st just not as bad and drives just fine in 3rd and 4th im thinking it is probly the tps but havent had the time to get the things i need to use the right one

74highboy

figured it out turns out the motor shifted some how and the alternater is hitting the body pinching a wire causing a short

PolarXJ

HO-P
figured it out turns out the motor shifted some how and the alternater is hitting the body pinching a wire causing a short

Check your motor mount bolts for a possible cause of the engine shift. I've had mine shear a couple of times (before we found the reason why). Those are fun to get out of the block. :D