Back from Constrictor in one piece

jp008

BB88, myself and some friends had an awesome time. We did a night run on Constrictor Saturday night and had no problems. We also ran it Sunday afternoon and today. Sunday afternoon there was trouble just after the Eagle's Nest. BB88 blew something in his rear end and finished the trail in front wheel drive. Garry ended up bending his lower control arms but we ended up repairing those and was able to make the run today. We saw Suka haul a$$ by our camp, Spence and his freind shortly came by and then we headed up. Rattlesnake was packed and slower than I-15 during rush hour. We decided to go around and just do Constrictor. Pics on the way.

P

pokeyYJ

Ha Ha! I think that I saw your guys camp, someone there have a BIG four door Tracker? Did you guys make the Eagle's nest without a winch?

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Nice report, can't wait for the pix. I drove by your camp on Saturday afternoon just as you were setting up, and stopped by today (Mon) and said hi to someone's wife and about 78 kids (?!) Anyway, I ran into Pokey, Toby and some other hot chic in a TJ and played tail gunner for them until we ran into a big group going through the narrows and I decided to bail (so I could go bail out Nuber spewer).

(Now flashing back to epsisode one, earlier in the day): Nuber (Brett) and I decided to get a fresh start on Charlie's Trail early on and made a pretty clean run at it until Nuber blew a bead coming down the last ledge. We couldn't get it to re-seat, and my Co2 was empty to make it worse. We decided to shuttle Nuber and the bad tire to his tow vehicle, and he ran to a tire shop whilst myself and my boy ran up Rattlesnake and ran into Pokey et. all. I met Brett back at the main parking lot post-Pokey and shuttled him and the tire back to his parked rig. Fun day!!

( Can't wait to try Con, note to self: need a winch).
EZ R

P

pokeyYJ

EZ, it was good to finally put a face to a name. Your boy was funny, too bad you had to bail. Ha HA,, I am gonna have to tell that "hot chick in a TJ" that you said that, she will get a kick out of it.;) :D

jp008

Ummmmmm.................................................................No :( on the Eagle's Nest and yes on the sidekick.

Originally posted by pokeyYJ
Ha Ha! I think that I saw your guys camp, someone there have a BIG four door Tracker? Did you guys make the Eagle's nest without a winch?

Last edited:

jp008

I would have liked to have met you people. We also ran into Smokincamel, Samigrrl and her better half, and I think there might have been a couple of other people from the board.

I can't wait until the clean-up day.
We had someone come in and tell us that they had to get onto the people up the road from us for trashing the place. I did not get the full story of who this was but I am going to assume it was the Forest Service. The F/S stayed until every bit of garbage was picked up in their campspot. They just stopped by to remind us about the fire rule. Of course we did not have a fire, it was just a friendly reminder. Thanks to the F/S or whoever this was for stepping in.

bb88

New Title
Originally posted by EZRhino
... and said hi to someone's wife and about 78 kids (?!) ...
that was my future wife and 79 (one was sleeping) kids...sorry I missed you. The "wife" asked if we saw a cheetah painted jeep (grrrr)....she thought it was cool

S

sukaB

Hey I wish I would have known that was you guys I would have stopped and said HI.
I didnt think anyone would be awake at that hour!
Hey I slowed down to second gear and who the hell camps along a road anywho.....

By the way I broke my old record:
40 minutes with two pee breaks and three attempts at the nest and winched up alone..Not bad...

Stay tuned for Little Moab damage report..Whew people were bustin and rollin and jeeesuuussss..
I made a quarter for pullin a guy back over and helped a Nice lady with a flat tire on the side of the road....

Damn fun day...

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Nice pics! I'd like to see some of the stuff above the 'Nest. Just out of curiosity, how do you guys get to the realm of the 'Eagle? Does the first guy winch, then strap the next guy, and etc.? or do each of you winch in turn?

Who was the group that went up earlier today? I think Scott from Heber was there (tan '7) plus some other guy towing two rigs on a gooseneck?

EZ

EZRhino

KalishnaKitty
Originally posted by bb88
that was my future wife and 79 (one was sleeping) kids...sorry I missed you. The "wife" asked if we saw a cheetah painted jeep (grrrr)....she thought it was cool

WHAT!!! Was she drinking?!? J/K :D It's a Giraffe!!

EZ

jp008

The first rig winches up and then turns around to rescue the poor little Zuks.

BTW EZ is your jeep an XJ? And did you purchase it painted that way or are you the original owner? I used to work with a guy named Darin and his brother had a Giraffe painted XJ. I liked it.