Badger's 98 5.9 ZJ

So as some of you know I picked up a 5.9 Grand Cherokee and have been trying to get it ready for the trail. The lift has been placed on it, a 4" Rough Country long arm. I still need to scratch up tires for it and do some touch up work but it's pretty much ready for some use.

IMG_20121209_164853.jpg

IMG_20121209_164905.jpg

IMG_20121209_164918.jpg

IMG_20121209_164932.jpg

I really need to scratch up some 32~33's to toss on it.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Slowly collecting parts. I also snagged those 3 44's that were for sale so now I have a front 44 to build later in the spring as well. So I will have to decided what lug pattern I want to run and find a rear axle once i do.

Bart

If you want keep your rear axle for a while I've got a set of Spidertrax spacers that go from 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5. I'm going to list them pretty soon.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I just don't dig that rear Dana 44a. I would rather not run the risk of spinning an axle tube out on the trail. I will continue to run the stock axles for a bit but once I can afford to a rear axle they will both get swapped.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
The case will go in unmodified but most likely it will get SYE'ed just in case it ever goes bigger :D. But again that will be down the road a bit. For now I just want it to be able to go out and have fun. Just collecting the parts that are going to be needed for later down the road.

Last edited:

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Finally got around to getting some exhaust on the Heep. Flowmaster and a bit of pipe. Still not exactly how I wanted it but it will do till I get headers,better cat, etc..

P3240012.JPG

P3240008.JPG

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Got out and did a bit of wheeling. Found out the front slip yoke didn't slip so much. Yanked and destroyed the front axle yoke/cv/flange thing...on the front of the shaft. So now I get to drive a vehicle that's not putting it's full power to the ground till I get off my ass to rob the front yoke and shaft from my old 94 as well as install the 242 I have.

Oh well on to the few poser pictures I took since I was by myself.

P3310002.JPG

P3310003.JPG

P3310005.JPG

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Went and picked up some used 35's today of KSL. Then got home and started trimming......still need to trim the fronts or I won't be turning to far

5.9+ON+35s-2.JPG

5.9+ON+35s-3.JPG