Badger's 98 5.9 ZJ

So as some of you know I picked up a 5.9 Grand Cherokee and have been trying to get it ready for the trail. The lift has been placed on it, a 4" Rough Country long arm. I still need to scratch up tires for it and do some touch up work but it's pretty much ready for some use.

IMG_20121209_164853.jpg

IMG_20121209_164905.jpg

IMG_20121209_164918.jpg

IMG_20121209_164932.jpg

I really need to scratch up some 32~33's to toss on it.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I haven't updated this is some time huh? Well not much has changed other then some 1 3/4" pucks tossed under it
waynes1.1.jpg

Other things I have been fooling with is fiberglass and making a dash mount for a Nexus 7 I picked up cheap.
Made a mold out of another 7 I picked up on ksl for 35 bucks with a broken screen
release-4.JPG

Popped out and partially cleaned
P1190002.JPG

After a little more cutting and fitting. The markered area is where I cut a hole for recessing a radio back behind the tablet.
P1190007.JPG

P1190003.JPG

Some more molding and glassing for the area for the radio
P1250020.JPG

Made a catch/release to hold it in place while out on the trail. Found something to use as springs and shaped them into place
[video=youtube;cyWiiUVo5TI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyWiiUVo5TI[/video]

P2080364.JPG

Got it sanded down with 220 for now and put a thick guide coat for the next bit of sanding. Will still need to use a little filler to clean up some stuff here and there then snad it down with some 400 maybe more then paint.
P2150400.JPG

The radio is controllable through and App so once the tablet is in place it connects through blue tooth. Once connected any function you can control with the face plate can be done via blue tooth and touch screen. You actually have a bit more functionality with the tablet.
P2150402.JPG

Badger

I am the Brute squad
Order a new light bar the other day and it came in today. Got to work fabbing up some low profile mounts that tie it into the roof rack and follow the lines of the rack.

IMG_20140620_170502.jpg

IMG_20140620_170511.jpg

IMG_20140620_170522.jpg

IMG_20140620_170540.jpg

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I have an Amazon bar I almost put on my Neon (still might), but its only a 15" one. Its also tighter than the 30* 6 led lights I bought off Deviant. But I love those, they light up critter eyes like crazy.

Last edited:

doughboy0379

Time to fix up my Zuk :D
I have a few questions for you Badger, do you run quick disconnect sway bar links?
What about the rear sway bar?
Do you run limiting straps?
And have you addressed the brake lines? Just to try it out I removed the sway bay links and tied them up out of the way then tested out my flex, way cool but I hit the fender with the tire, and also noticed that I almost pulled the brake line apart (reasons I'm asking about the limiting straps).

My jeep was lifted before I bought it and I really think that the stock sway bar links were kept, it does not flex with them hooked up, my 86 SPOA Suzuki Samurai can out flex my Jeep with them still on)

I have a 98 Grand with a 4.0, supposedly 4" of lift (not confirmed yet), and 32'/10.5/15 BFG Mud Terrain tires, and I believe it is all stock running gear.

Sorry for all the questions I am new to Jeeps and coil suspensions and I can find lots of stuff to buy online but not much tech at least not with ZJs and not really sure where to look for it yet.

Badger

I am the Brute squad
I'm running disconnects on the front with no rear sway bar. I do not have limiting straps, but should. The brake lines were all relocated for now to help out. I'm running a 4" lift with 1 3/4" spacers and no stock pads. So I'm sitting at about 5 1/2" to 5 3/4" of lift. I have massively massaged the fenders to get it to fit 35's and I still rub a little.

ZJ won't really flex with the front sway bar and no rear because of how soft the rear coils are. There is nothing really there to fight the front sway bar.