ballastic fab and their shipping

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
That's great Dan, now only if you would come through on those diff covers for the 44a life would be great! Thank goodness BTF had them on the shelf and at my door step within 72 hours of ordering. I paid more for their product, but received great service and they had it when I needed it. I'm sure that "one of these days" you will finally get around to designing and building a 44a diff cover and possibly even a decent truss for it, but until then you will lose customers to the manufacturers who offer it in the present.

How can you b!tch about somebodies service over a product when they don't even offer that particular product? :confused:

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
That's why you're the man, Dan! I have no problems sending guys to you. Granted, I'm far from local so there aren't many... But when I hear about being in the valley and where to go to get X done....

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I'm sure RuffStuff is losing thousands and thousands of dollars not making the 44a cover. :rolleyes: Good thing BlackZJ is on the job.

I like the response to the hullaballoo. Companies live and die on their reputation, and I haven't heard anything bad about RuffStuff, ever. The products seem to back that up, as well-- and read the blurb in the "crossmembers" section of the site, pretty good indicator of mindset there.

STAG

On my grind
Well I just placed an order through Ballistic Fab, I emailed them prior to my order and they replied that the parts I wanted are in stock and could ship out today, so we'll see just how fast they really are shipped.

STAG

On my grind
Wow already have them on my good side, after addressing in my first email to Ballistic that I was concerned with their shipping process, and he confirmed to me that the products I were inquiring about were ready to ship, I went through with my order on their website. (Just before I made my last post in this thread)

Then about 10 minutes ago I received a call from an unknown number, and I answered it and it was Dave himself from Ballistic Fab letting me know that he upgraded my shipping to 2-day select shipping and that UPS would be arriving in approx 15 minutes to pick up their outgoing shipments and that my order will be leaving with them and that I have a tracking number awaiting me in my e-mail. We talked a moment about some of the problems and pro's and con's that I had heard about their company. I was astonished I received a call.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Wow already have them on my good side, after addressing in my first email to Ballistic that I was concerned with their shipping process, and he confirmed to me that the products I were inquiring about were ready to ship, I went through with my order on their website. (Just before I made my last post in this thread)

Then about 10 minutes ago I received a call from an unknown number, and I answered it and it was Dave himself from Ballistic Fab letting me know that he upgraded my shipping to 2-day select shipping and that UPS would be arriving in approx 15 minutes to pick up their outgoing shipments and that my order will be leaving with them and that I have a tracking number awaiting me in my e-mail. We talked a moment about some of the problems and pro's and con's that I had heard about their company. I was astonished I received a call.

I wouldnt doubt if threads such as this help companys such as BF focus on fixing thier shortcomings, they make a great product... and this thread brings light to what thier customers think about thier shipping practices. maybe they will fix things and survive.

STAG

On my grind
Well I got my high steer arm today as promised

hsa001.jpg

Packaged pretty well. However it doesn't have "BALLISTIC" and their skull logo machined into the side of the arm like on their picture, thats a bummer. Oh well.

either way, the product is nice and it got here fast.

Last edited:

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
makes me wonder if they just bought a bunch of arms in bulk from another manufacturer and did some machinework on it and sold it under their name..

Ding ding ding!!! we have a winner. I don't think Dave calls every customer, either.

Daniel at USA6x6 used to do stuff like that-- read threads, and if there were problems (and there were, oooh there were hahah), he would call someone and maybe overnight something... To be clear, there's nothing wrong with doing that if you're having issues, the squeaky wheel means you look at them ALL, but it also makes you wonder how the rest of the customers who aren't in negative threads are doing. :D

The important part is, you have your part, and you can move along with your plans. Cheers to that.

STAG

On my grind
Ding ding ding!!! we have a winner. I don't think Dave calls every customer, either.

Daniel at USA6x6 used to do stuff like that-- read threads, and if there were problems (and there were, oooh there were hahah), he would call someone and maybe overnight something... To be clear, there's nothing wrong with doing that if you're having issues, the squeaky wheel means you look at them ALL, but it also makes you wonder how the rest of the customers who aren't in negative threads are doing. :D

The important part is, you have your part, and you can move along with your plans. Cheers to that.

I received another e-mail from Dave at Ballistic assuring me that all of their parts are 100% theirs to begin with, and that that number on my part is like a vin number associated to specifially my part so as to know which part that kit goes with.

But I do have to order another stud, I messed up this one. I suck at installing studs I guess.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
I knew Ballistics track record and i have always had good luck with til now......We ordered some link tabs from them on february 14th the very next day I get an email saying there backordered. No big deal we were not in a big hurry at all so i call them and ask how long til they do ship and they said 2-3 days and i will see them by wednesday the 23rd so I wait patiently til the 23rd and no tabs. Still were not in a hurry but its getting closer to when we wanted this thing done by. So I call Ballistic again and they tell me its gonna be another 2-3 days til there cut AGAIN they billed me for them on the 16th. And I still havent seen or heard anything.

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
Ok so i posted my last post at 9:00 it is now 10:30 and i just received an email from Dave saying he saw my post on RME, he enclosed a tracking number and sales receipt and a sincere apology in this email.

After all of this i will still purchase from ballistic but i think i will contact dave alot sooner in the transaction......Dave seems to bust his A$$ around that place and make a difference but the rest of the employees seem like they dont give a crap........

STAG

On my grind
I do have a T-shirt on backorder from them waiting to get shipped, but it's just a shirt, not in too big of a hurry. But yes it does seem like Dave is one of the company's largest assets. I'm almost ready to place a pretty big order through them.

Dan Fredrickson

Quick with a Laser!
Well I got my high steer arm today as promised

hsa001.jpg

Packaged pretty well. However it doesn't have "BALLISTIC" and their skull logo machined into the side of the arm like on their picture, thats a bummer. Oh well.

either way, the product is nice and it got here fast.
That looks like a Parts Mike arm, did the part number start with a PM? I would think the Skull is simply part of the programming, it should take less than a minute to do? Mike is about 3 miles from me and we see their stuff everyday but it also looks like alot of other venders stuff too but missing the skull is a mystery?

STAG

On my grind
That looks like a Parts Mike arm, did the part number start with a PM? I would think the Skull is simply part of the programming, it should take less than a minute to do? Mike is about 3 miles from me and we see their stuff everyday but it also looks like alot of other venders stuff too but missing the skull is a mystery?

I don't remember, I can check to see if it started with a PM.

I just took advantage (I think) of Ballistics 20% off memorial day offer, and bought their D60 double-shear high steer arms and some Hex tubing adaptors.

I will be buying my rod-ends from RuffStuffSpecialties because they appear to be the same, if not better quality, and still cheaper than the QA1 rod ends that ballistic carries, and still cheaper at ruffstuff than ballistic even with 20% off.

So we'll see how this whole ballistic shipping does this time.

Raleigh

OMF Dave
Dave is no longer with them, I have spoke with John in the past and took care of my issue.
I made a small order this weekend, we will see how it goes. John said they will ship today.
My last order took 2 weeks to ship, but I was happy with what I got.

I will update if it does ship today, in the future talk to John...

Last edited: