Ballistic Fab Steering Question

cheepin

You can get rod end kits from www.ruffstuffspecailties.com for cheap and then just go get some tubing.Ruff stuff is selling the 3/4" left and right rod end kit for $38.You wouldn't need the highmis. spacers for the tierod.You may or maynot for the draglink.This would depend on the amount of flex and angle of the draglink.

LT.

I would recommend going with Off Road Design for your cross over steering and the high steering set up as well. They specialize in solid axle Chevy's and their parts are top notch. I spent a considerable amount of time looking for my set up and Off Road Design is what I went with. Everything was perfect! I did go with the tie rod ends because I was worried about finding replacement pieces just in case. Here is the link to the set up I bought.
http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/Dana60crossover.htm

LT.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Ya LT, I want to go that route, but unfortunately, I don't have a D60 up front yet, still stuck with the 10bolt.

All my rod ends are junk right now, and I priced it with my discount at NAPA, was going to be ~$200 + Tax, so I was thinking of just doing the ballistic since its about the same price for now.

LT.

Ya LT, I want to go that route, but unfortunately, I don't have a D60 up front yet, still stuck with the 10bolt.

All my rod ends are junk right now, and I priced it with my discount at NAPA, was going to be ~$200 + Tax, so I was thinking of just doing the ballistic since its about the same price for now.

I guess I should asked what your front axle was first. Sorry about that.

LT.

barnsbronco

I just put Ballistic steering on my Bronco in May. It seems like some way stout stuff, I think I would have a pretty hard time bending it. I had no way of getting my steering tig welded so I had them do it and it took a lot longer than I expected. After 2 weeks i called them and told them that i needed it for a Moab trip the next week they 2 day shipped it the day of my call. I have also ordered tabs through them before and have always been happy with their product.

NOTATOY

BACKYARD CUSTOMZ
I have been running a Balistic heim kit on my runner for a couple years now and works well. The only thing I've had problems with is after I drilled out my d44 the holes oblonged out. I am running hydro assist with a spool and 42's so it is a lot of pressure, so now I just double sheared the passengers side since I'm running a heim on top and bottom of the arm hopefully keep from flexing that bolt so much.

Tie rod not on in pic, need new bolt

Attachments

• BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 465.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 465.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 14
  • BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 466.jpg
    BACKYARDCUSTOMZ 466.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 15

Meat_

Banned
I would recommend going with Off Road Design for your cross over steering and the high steering set up as well. They specialize in solid axle Chevy's and their parts are top notch. I spent a considerable amount of time looking for my set up and Off Road Design is what I went with. Everything was perfect! I did go with the tie rod ends because I was worried about finding replacement pieces just in case. Here is the link to the set up I bought.
http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/Dana60crossover.htm

LT.
I would recommend copying my copy of ORD's kit like I already recommended to you :D

As for a tierod right now, go talk to Mike Judd

Meat_

Banned
heh

It would be, but the ORD kit has a specially bent drag link for the Chevys, I guesstimated the bends and lengths from a picture and Von bent it and threaded it for me.... worked perfect the first try :D

From what I glanced at the BF kit, it's just blank straight stuff.

..(Isn't Ballistic Fab the company that has just copies all the other companies work and then sells it for quite a bit less?)

Yeah, they make "wal*mart" copies of stuff. It's the "same" and cheaper. It is generally vastly inferior.

But since most people buy according to price instead of product.....

jsudar

I wouldn't say vastly inferior.

a piece of 1018 DOM is a piece of 1018 DOM. Buy the kit with the QA1 rod ends that everyone else sells and you won't have a problem with it.

I have their high steer arms and they were just as nice as my other set which I paid more for from a vendor on Pirate.

I also built a tie rod and drag link for my neighbor's Trailduster with their threaded tubing inserts and they worked just as well as any other I've seen.

Meat is right though, you may want to get a bent drag link. BHR can thread 1.25 x .281 DOM for a decent price and probably bend it up too.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
(Isn't Ballistic Fab the company that has just copies all the other companies work and then sells it for quite a bit less?)

Yep, that's them. :-\

I wouldn't say vastly inferior.
In my case they were. I made the mistake of ordering 4 link brackets from them. I tried to use them but they were so poorly cut that I ended up scrapping them out of frustration when nothing wanted to fit together. Instead of wasting more time to fix them, I opted to buy some nice tabs from Ben Hanks and be done with it. I wish I would have saved myself the time, money and frustration and bought from B.H.R. in the first place. :mad:

billylight

i bought my high steer arms off ebay. i bought my rod ends from auto zone and car quest. i had mike at summit machine in riverton make my tie rod and drag link. i saved a lot of money this way. i would be happy to go into more detail if you are interested.

Erik d_lux

Awesome. Thanks for letting me help and let me know if I can be more help.

I will let you know about your dads order. They didnt answer the phone tonight.