Best 3 season compact sleeping pad?

Houndoc

I am looking for a good, inflatable sleeping pad for a two week trip this fall. Needs to be reasonable compact (not upper body only back packing level), insulating and durable since will have no way to replace if fails on me.

Suggestions?

Any while we are at it, sleeping bags with the same general traits....

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I have a couple Klymit pads that I rotate. Thick and comfy, not terribly heavy, pack down to about a Nalgene. I like them a lot and I like that they're local.

I don't know anything about their bags though, I'm a quilt guy.

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I have several Klymit pads and bags. I really like their stuff. My favorite pad is the Klymaloft XL. It's super comfortable and still packs up relatively small.

My favorite sleeping bag is my 20 degree hybrid bag from Klymit. Good gear.

My favorite pad is a Thermarest NeoAir Xtherm. I tend to sleep cold and it has great insulation (5.7R). It is also very lightweight and packs pretty small. The only downside is it is a bit noisy - kind of like made out of the same crinkly material as a SunChips bag. Can't help on the sleeping bag - I'm another quilt guy.

DAA

For car camping I use a foam pad. But a friend uses a Big Agnes Captain Comfort that I'm thinking of getting one. Just to save space in the Jeep. A megamat looks pretty good too. I use an Exped U7 for backpacking.

- DAA

Houndoc

For car camping I use a foam pad. But a friend uses a Big Agnes Captain Comfort that I'm thinking of getting one. Just to save space in the Jeep. A megamat looks pretty good too. I use an Exped U7 for backpacking.

- DAA
I have a Wiggy's pad for car/boat etc and for extreme weather (have used it to -40). But now need one for a float trip this fall.

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert

- DAA
I love my Big Agnes gear. I have the Captain Comfort as well and I like it a lot.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I just picked up a couple of these. Maybe this is an option for you. Color is terrible, who cares for the price. Rotbox might want one to match his truck?

Thanks for that link, I just bought some as well. I didn't even know I needed ugly purple sleeping pads!

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Sierra Trading normally has a bunch of Klymit stuff on the shelf for a pretty steep discount.

Which pillow, @mbryson? I have the Cush and the Pillow X, I like the X better for sleeping and the Cush for sitting on.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Sierra Trading normally has a bunch of Klymit stuff on the shelf for a pretty steep discount.

Which pillow, @mbryson? I have the Cush and the Pillow X, I like the X better for sleeping and the Cush for sitting on.
I almost did too, but I'm curious if it's comfy at all.

This one. Thought it was worth a try vs a folded up hoodie