Best machine shop/engine builder

crosbike

I searched a bit but i wasn't sure if anybody had some good suggestions. I have a chevy lq4 (iron block 6.0) with a bent rod that i need repaired/gone through. Where do you guys go?

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
Loves Machine has always done a good job for us. That's where I would take my personal engines, if needed, but they're in SLC. 700w and 1700s. 6.0 are a dime a dozen though. So unless you are going to build yours for more power, I'd do a engine search at LKQ and just buy a good pull out. I bet you'll save 50%.

Hardcastle

Pro Machine in Murray did my 2F rebuild. I don't have a long history with them but they came highly recommended when i was searching. They we're great to work with and the the motor is still running without issue a few years later.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Pro Machine in Murray did my 2F rebuild. I don't have a long history with them but they came highly recommended when i was searching. They we're great to work with and the the motor is still running without issue a few years later.
I used Pro Machine about a month ago to get my 5.3 ready for rebuild. They rock PERFECT customer Service!!

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Just called a couple of the above on my TBI 350. $2k for a basic rebuild sound about right? A little more than I expected but the last engine I rebuilt was in 1991 so I realize I don't have ANY perspective :D