Best mattress for the money

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I'm under the assumption my 5 year old mattress is done and it is the cause of my back pain in the morning. When I go out of town and sleep even on a crappy hotel mattress, almost no pain. Come back home, and I can't even really reach over for a couple minutes. Any recommendations? It seems like people like sleep number beds and that could be great to firm up the mattress if needed. Other people seem to like memory foam, but it tends to be hot, and I hate to be hot at night. Ok Go!

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Sleep number has changed my life. I read a Consumer Report recently that said it doesn't matter what one you buy either, I have owned 2 of the more base models and now have one of the upper end ones. I sleep on the couch when I go to my house in Kanab, I will be buying a bed for down there soon. I have a herniated L3 disc and I credit my bed for my ability to function, I have owned one for the last 9 years.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I'm in need of a new one myself, I'd love a sleep number. I'm told by a few family members IKEA mattress's rock for the money, may not last as long but cheap enough to replace a little more frequently

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Sleep number here as well.
If I were to do it again, I'd buy just the mattress and use it on my old foundation.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
We have a knock-off memory foam mattress from RCW. Health care was the brand name. It was $1100 for the King and is equivalent to the tempurpedic cloud. We've had it for 5-6 years and it completely changed my sleep. I used to have to roll over in the night cause my hips would hurt from laying on one side. Not with memory foam. Sometimes I think it's losing it's awesomeness but then I sleep in a hotel (or rather don't sleep) and I realize I'm just accustomed to the awesomeness.

Last edited:

Troop92

We got a 10" Sleep Innovations memory foam from Amazon. $425 for a king sized. 7" base foam and 3" top foam. Has cool cell technology, doesn't heat up. Super comfortable, 20 year warranty, made in USA. We've had it for 4 years, love it.

Cascadia

Undecided
Sleep number here too. We were both starting to have back pain from a 6 year old mattress. No more. We will get one in our camper someday. It also never gets hot.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I have a memory foam mattress... hated it for about two weeks. Now I don't like sleeping on normal mattresses.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Memory foam in our room. I wish we would have gotten the more firm version, I sink into the bed too much. When the mattress is cool its firm but as it warms up it gets soft. If I can get to bed and fall right asleep I'm fine but if I mess around on my phone or the dog has been laying on my side its kind of an ordeal for me to get comfortable.

jentzschman

I have a memory foam mattress that I bought from Costco about a year ago. Love that thing! Takes a little getting use to but its very nice IMO.

Cascadia

Undecided
That's the whole point. So you aren't on the same setting as your wife. Or if you like the same setting then fine. Ours has 3" of memory foam built on the top and you don't cave in the middle at all. I'm sure it's all preference though.

blznnp

we have had a sleep number for about 5 years, extremely happy with it. We had a nice thicker pillow top real soft bed, worked for my wife but I couldn't stand it. The sleep number is so much nice since I like a little firmer bed than my wife, we got one with the smaller pillow top out of all of them, like a 1-1/2" I believe. If the pillow top gets warn, they will replace it for free I believe, thats what we were told the other day.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
We got a 10" Sleep Innovations memory foam from Amazon. $425 for a king sized. 7" base foam and 3" top foam. Has cool cell technology, doesn't heat up. Super comfortable, 20 year warranty, made in USA. We've had it for 4 years, love it.

I just brought this bed on a Amazon lightning deal for 288$ for a queen Sleep Innovations 10-Inch SureTemp Memory Foam Mattress With 20-Year Warranty, with 2-Bonus Memory Foam Pillows, Queen Size. I then added a Isotonic Structure 6 Zone Memory Foam Queen Mattress Topper. This is by far the best sleeping setup I have tried. This type of mattress is very different then a usual mattress. It is very firm but then your body sinks in and distributes the pressure. I really like sleep numbers, but never could pull the trigger on one because of the price.