Best platform for street legal crawler

venpick

77 fj40
yes you are right. what i said and meant was a PRE 79. and by that i mean the old old school broncs with the 302 in them. maybe they were last made in 77 ? see this link http://www.desoto58.com/story/stbronco.html im talking about the first green one. not the later full size models.

just because i think the smaller ones are better. the full sized ones can be heavy and hard to get into tiny spaces. should still be big enough to haul 4 if the kids arent to big.

unless im mistaken and that older style came with a 351 too. in that case why bother changing it other than to get fuel injection.

Last edited:

venpick

77 fj40
can you compare a bronco to a mog?
come on. they are not the same thing just try to follow a mog around in a full size bronco. somethings gonna break and it is not gonna be the mog.

its just my opinion that i think the old school broncos kick ass over the 79 to 90s? FULL size broncos if someone wants to prove otherwise id be happy to be educated(i would love to watch that). ive just never seen a FULL size bronco in the middle of no where and ive seen tons of PRE 1979 BRONCOS there. perhaps a FULL sized one in the middle of a huge puddle of mud with a huge engine. but im guessin Paulie is lookin for the completly well rounded vehicle not just a mudder.

just on the side paulie has said nothing about size or weight that was my opinion. im pretty happy with my current ride but if i were looking i would definately get a mog over a FULL SIzed bronco.

what he needs is a rig big enough for the family that goes anywhere his friends vehicles with 37 to 40 inch wheels are goin.
and a FULL sized bronco is not it.

one other vehicle worth mentioning is tricked out IH scout that would also fit the order.

Last edited: