Best trailer company

teknodestrukto

I'm looking for a multi-purpose trailer that I can haul a Cherokee on or put side rails on for wood/yard debris. I need tandem axles, brakes, etc...Any suggestions on who I should get it from?

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I checked out mosty of the ones from lehi to layton. Big tex, some one near layton, and ended up with a big bubba's. I compared the price to construction and have had no probelms. Look at the frames, axles, and wiring and decide for yourself, you'll see the differences.

JKS

A.K.A Sam
Trailer

I too shopped around for a car hauler and ended up with a Big Bubba's. The price was good and so far it has been a great trailer.

TRNDRVR

IMA BUM
I too shopped around, and Big Bubba is not all what he's cracked up to be. I, with two other guys, were looking to buy one each. I'll just say Bubba is proud of his stuff and is more interested in making a buck as opposed to making a customer. I bought a trailer of greater value/quality from Wasatch Trailer in Kaysville/Layton for about $400.00 less than the Bub. Shop around, but Bubba isn't the tops in my book.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
I bought my trailer used, but it's a Wasatch trailer as well. Great quality, has hauled WAY over it's rated capacity with no problems, I'd definitely check them out if I were looking for a new one. (can't comment on price comparisons since I got it used though)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I bought mine at Wasatch trailer in layton. It was a way better value in my oppinion, towed really nice, and really never had any problems that I didn't cause....be sure to keep the wheel bearings greased.

I guess my only complaint was that the paint chipped fairly easily in my oppinion. It bugged me how many paint chips it had on the front of it but I guess thats natural. Deffinatly finish the wood on the trailer. I didn't do a very good job and if Ihad it to do over again I would have spent more time and done a better job of sealing/finishing the deck.

Cody

WayneXJ

grocery getter driver
TRNDRVR said:
I too shopped around, and Big Bubba is not all what he's cracked up to be. I, with two other guys, were looking to buy one each. I'll just say Bubba is proud of his stuff and is more interested in making a buck as opposed to making a customer. I bought a trailer of greater value/quality from Wasatch Trailer in Kaysville/Layton for about $400.00 less than the Bub. Shop around, but Bubba isn't the tops in my book.

Sorry you feel that way....

kasprzak

I bought a bubba's back in 2003. I thought it was great until I pulled an Aztec trailer out of SLC. I just recently sold the aztec and I wouldn't buy a bubba's again. They(mine) did not balance well, hopped all over the freeway. I thought maybe mine was just bad, but I rented a bubba's 20 ft equipment hauler and with a crewcab Bronco(Centurion) powerstroke I could barely keep it in the lane with fairly light load. Aztec out of SLC would be the only way to go IMO.

Meat_

Banned
I bought a bubba's from the store in Spanish Fork last fall, dude down there bent over backwards to give me everything I wanted on a custom built trailer for a price no one else could touch. They are built stronger than big tex and wasach, my only complaint with Big Bubba's trailers is that he sets the axles a tad far back for my likeing, they are fine for balance but they tend to cut corners a bit. Oh, and he loaned me a 16ft 10k trailer until they had mine built.

cambam

Not to hyjack or anything, but I need to buy a trailer before Wednsay night, to go to moab on thursday. I wonder if we bought more than one if anyone would give us a price brake? Any interest?

53 willys

Bad speller
Meat_ said:
I bought a bubba's from the store in Spanish Fork last fall, dude down there bent over backwards to give me everything I wanted on a custom built trailer for a price no one else could touch. They are built stronger than big tex and wasach, my only complaint with Big Bubba's trailers is that he sets the axles a tad far back for my likeing, they are fine for balance but they tend to cut corners a bit. Oh, and he loaned me a 16ft 10k trailer until they had mine built.

I can only say good about my big bubba cheap and built like a tank. I shopped at all the other suppliers and they could not touch big bubba price. Mine is 5-6years old with no problems 18ft with dove tail.

Last edited:

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
I dealt with big bubba's and had been to wastach, but there prices were a little higher for less quality in my opionion. I dealt with bubba himself and he cut 200 bucks off beause I came looking to by a non rail and they only had rail type, which I actually prefer, I just was going to build my own. Has worked out great. No problems, tows awesome, no matter how crooked or sideways I load it, full or empty. But my paint was chipped like a mother also, from the fenders and rails to the vertical spare tire rim.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
bubba wanted about 400 more for a similar trailer when I bought mine. I paid about 1500 for my 84" 16' tandem trailer with brakes, ramps, and rails rated to 7k lbs.

Cody

teknodestrukto

cambam said:
Not to hyjack or anything, but I need to buy a trailer before Wednsay night, to go to moab on thursday. I wonder if we bought more than one if anyone would give us a price brake? Any interest?

I'm interested...I can get quotes/sizes from Bubba's and Wasatch today. I'll ask them if they'll give a two trailer volume discount. What are you looking for?

cambam

I either want a 16' or 18' car hauler, 7000 lb, ramps and brakes. I would like it to be 83" between the wheel wells. Let me know what you find.