BIG buggy build - 4 seat - build with pics

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Thanks guys. One thing that caught me off guard was how weird rear steering feels. That's gonna take some getting used to. Also, I have some sort of misalignment going on with the front pinion brake causing it to bind severely. There are a few 15 ish inch wide blackies on my garage floor now from the rear tires. I'm sure there will be more bugs to work out.

mombobuggy

Your buggy is more finished than mine. And I have been driving it for 10 years now. You may have a bit of o.c.d. Nate. Glad its getting close . Cant wait to see it in action.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Lol. There's more truth to that statement than you know Dave. I've gotten a bunch of odds and ends tied up lately thanks to my brother lending a hand. More short trips around the neighborhood, working out bugs. It won't be 100% wired but it'll be making a run soon. image.jpg

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
Took the buggy out for a shake down run today. I had a full crew with my sweetheart of a wife, my friend and co-worker Keith and Mombobuggy. We didn't shoot for anything super difficult, as I just wanted to get a feel for the rig and see what bugs it had. Since it's close, we headed out to 5 mile.

The good: I like the power of the 6.0. The ride quality is great. I've never owned a rig that was this smooth off road. The rig felt really stable to me and climbed well. Hydro steering worked well and the rear steer came in handy a time or two.

The bad: It's running hot. So hot that we had to keep stopping to let it cool. I'm not sure if I still have an air pocket in there, or if my rad isn't up to snuff. I'll be investigating... Also, my t-case is massively stiff to shift. I'm not sure if it's because it's new or if there's other issues.

So, we found some bugs, but that was the point I guess. It was a blast to get it out FINALLY. I have some work to do but this it's nice to finally reach this milestone.

trial run 1.jpg

One more...
trial run 2.jpg

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Looks even better on the trail!

Not sure about Stak, but I remember my Atlas being pretty difficult to shift for the first few trips. Could just need a good break in period.

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
If you do have any problems w/that Stak, get in touch. I know a guy who might be able to get something done at the new Stak shop. :D

I gotta get you some "T.W. Parts Supply" stickers! :D Great to see that this made it to a trail. That gives me hope for my own projects. :D

brandonlmb

brandonlmb
I saw this in person yesterday as you pulled into the snakes parking lot. Pretty impressive rig, did you incounter the crew of well let's say young cow foke on your way up the trail?

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Probably just ran over that chevy SS on the trail :rolleyes:

but on the bright side the cow foke where moving all the little rocks off the trail so it was probably like a freeway after they left lol

very cool rig

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
If you do have any problems w/that Stak, get in touch. I know a guy who might be able to get something done at the new Stak shop. :D

I gotta get you some "T.W. Parts Supply" stickers! :D Great to see that this made it to a trail. That gives me hope for my own projects. :D

You sir, are the man!
I appreciate that Tacoma and will give you a shout if it doesn't start cooperating.

spaggyroe

Man Flu Survivor
I knew I wouldnt get an invite!!

I do owe you an apology. We were wrenching on the rig right up to the minute we loaded it on the trailer. I wasn't 100% certain that it was going to happen yesterday, so I didn't want to have others go out of their way when I wasn't certain I would be there myself.

Dave and I did have a conversation involving you though Cheston. We will definitely be getting in touch with you! :cool:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
No worries. Just have to give you a lil crap.

I was on my way home from wheelin in NV yesterday anyhow.

Im pretty excited to wheel with another big rig. Not many of us around!

Soon