Big UROC changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Everyone know what I am talking about? What are your feelings?
day2_38tt.jpg

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
HHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. What can I tell you, I think about half the staff fell over. Alot of them have talked to me. Ranch is a very interesting person. He has been a very big supporter of the U4WDA. Now he has been running ARCA and doing his thing. He's it was his show, he did it his way. Hell the top people in UROC piss people off from time to time, that's business. Well, now he's a member of UROC. What's he doing I don't know yet or do I care. I work for UROC for fun. As long as it is still fun I will continue working. Yes I call working in 100 degrees , running from one gate to another, running my mouth all day fun. If it becomes not fun because of Ranch, I will always have my memories. But untill that happens UROC ROCKS for me and I hope all of my friends who I work with out there stay with it. Remeber why we go out and do this. For the fun, the sport, the friends we've made, and remeber that it has been the work that we've done that has made the differance in this sport to make UROC the highest level that it is. All of us, well mostly you all, I just run my mouth! LOL So hang with it and let's see what happens! Come on gang let's give it a try!

P

pokeyYJ

I guess that it is good becuase it will unite the rockcrawling scene but......:confused:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Originally posted by Shawn
I guess Ranch is involved with UROC now???

Hey everyone, I just got back from St George and sat down at the computer.

Ranch is very involved & Craig has announced his retirement from UROC.

RCAA & UROC combined & there's only UROC now.

:)

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
here are my 2 cents...

this was my first comp, and I was glad that I got in on craig's last go at it. I have always thought craig was an innovator, and I think this new change is all politics. Craig joined up with the pateys for money and connections....now they boot him out.....seems fishy to me.

I took a few minutes this morning one on one with craig before breakfast and he is usually straight up with me but on this one, he was visibly disturbed and upset about the whole situation so we will just let this go for now...

as for next year, my perspective has completely changed, if ranch decides to try and fark with the UROC too much.....event organizers might be in for a bit of a suprise....driver's union style...

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Unfortunately, I didn't get to hear Craig's departing words, I had to head home after the comp. I am dissappointed that Craig is not going to be around next year. Of all the 'big dogs' in the UROC camp (Craig and the Pateys), Craig was the one who made me really feel like I was doing something when I spent those HOT, DUSTY, LONG days working the comps. His appreciation for the volunteers at the events, and the kind words he had for all of us will be sorely missed. I think Craig's charisma is what drew a lot of people into the volunteer thing. I still love the sport, and I hope I'll have opportunity to work the events next year. I'll do whatever I can to keep up the standard that Craig has set.

You know, I used to work for Ranch and while I don't love the guy and he may be the reason I don't work at Mepco anymore, I don't like to see him ripped on, he has done a lot for the sport.
He may be lacking some social skill, but I don't think it's going to affect us very much.

Interesting things are going to happen with UROC and RCAA, I can't say for now, my lips are sealed, but it'll be interesting to say at the least.

creighton

They want me to do what!?
I think we saw it comming. It was just a matter of time. I was surprised it happend so fast. I think it needed to. It is too tough for RRCA and UROC to compete for the same Sponsors, Competitors, Permits, Coverage, Spectators. THe one week after the other had to end. I am worried about where all the events will end up. East, North, South. Series points can be tough to accumulate if we have 10 events next year and an average drive of 1000 miles. I am running out of vacation time before the season begins.

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I think back to when craig started his organization on the jeep-slc list. It was an epiphony for a lot of people and something that filled a niche....that niche is now open again. Craig started it to have something for the average joe to compete in. He wanted the average guy to be able to put together a decent rig and compete. I think UROC left that arena after the first year......anyone care to step up and start another organization to keep it real....

creighton

They want me to do what!?
UROC Utah Rockcrawling Organized Competition

I think one day events at places like mini moab and the uintahs rock garden.

But I am not inclimed to not compete in the true UROC

how about the RMEC

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
There is still a place for the regular guy. If you look at NASCAR, there are local 'NASCAR' races all over the country. Run by the local clubs on the local courses, you can go to a NASCAR race almost anywhere. You won't be watching Gordon and Earnhardt jr, but you will be watching some guys (and gals) really gettin it. I can see UROC heading that way.

One of these days, there just might be a True national competition series where the competitiors have to travel all across the country to make the events (again, think NASCAR). EROCC, CALROCS, NEUROC, all of them will either be absorbed into UROC, or they will stay regional events that the locals with (the new teams with less sponsorship or experience) will be able to compete in. It will make things a lot more interesting for the competitors as the terrain will be different with the different venues. It will require big time sponsorship for the teams to be able to make all the events, the purses will grow..... the future is unlimited as long as the standards of course design, judging, and organization remain top notch.

It is really pretty exciting when you think about it. Change is never easy, and I'm a little curious as to what this change will bring, but the people like me who volunteer for the events will still have an opportunity to positively influence the direction of the organization. We may not have final say, but we are a critical part of the organization, and I think the Pateys and Ranch will listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.