Bio-Diesel

53 willys

Bad speller
zukgod1 said:

That's good reading! The bus story is the one I heard that has me worried :confused:

Are you running B100 in the truck in your sig?? or are running B100 in a 03-present cummins?? I have no doubt about B100 in a 89-02 cummins I think it would be good for it. I ran B20 in my 01 CTD for 6 months before I sold it and got the 06 witch has B20 in it right now. I want to run B100 in my 06 now so I can make my own BD then I would by an old diesel Benz:cool: and have a whole fleet on B100!

Just as you want to see the filter (so do I) I would like to hear of some more people who are running it in their 03-present cummins.

I steal don't dare because I know the CTD still has some fuel issues and I don't want DC to Void my warranty even tho they could right now with my B20 tank :ugh:

thanks for the TDR link Dan that's Good info and makes me fell a little better :cool:

SOMEONE WITH A 03-06 CUMMINS WHO HAS BENN RUNNING B100 PLEASE POST UP!!!!!!!!!!
Mark

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
After computing my cost per mile, and your cost per mile, especially on the bio, figuring you guys at an aveg. of 17, I will dropping this EFI 302 on a CTD like a hot rock, as soon as the right deal comes along.

Holding out for a 5 speed quad cab 24 valve, 98 or so, for $8,000.

I could be holding out for a while.

Powerstrokes are cheaper, how do they run on the bio, or even the precursor to the powerstroke, the 7.3 turbo?

53 willys

Bad speller
breederwheeler said:
After computing my cost per mile, and your cost per mile, especially on the bio, figuring you guys at an aveg. of 17, I will dropping this EFI 302 on a CTD like a hot rock, as soon as the right deal comes along.

Holding out for a 5 speed quad cab 24 valve, 98 or so, for $8,000.

I could be holding out for a while.

Powerstrokes are cheaper, how do they run on the bio, or even the precursor to the powerstroke, the 7.3 turbo?

7.3 power strokes are a pretty good engine but the 6.0 powerstroke is a joke if you ask me the variable turbo SUCKS!! LOTS of turbo sound with no go:eek:
the one at work has a hard time pulling a golf cart!!!:rofl: If you want a Ford buy a 7.3 PS IMO

I would buy a 12v cummins or a 7.3PS waaaaaaaaayyyy before a old "turbo diesel ford"

zukgod1

Senior crawler
53 willys said:
That's good reading! The bus story is the one I heard that has me worried :confused:

Are you running B100 in the truck in your sig?? or are running B100 in a 03-present cummins?? I have no doubt about B100 in a 89-02 cummins I think it would be good for it. I ran B20 in my 01 CTD for 6 months before I sold it and got the 06 witch has B20 in it right now. I want to run B100 in my 06 now so I can make my own BD then I would by an old diesel Benz:cool: and have a whole fleet on B100!

Just as you want to see the filter (so do I) I would like to hear of some more people who are running it in their 03-present cummins.

I steal don't dare because I know the CTD still has some fuel issues and I don't want DC to Void my warranty even tho they could right now with my B20 tank :ugh:

thanks for the TDR link Dan that's Good info and makes me fell a little better :cool:

SOMEONE WITH A 03-06 CUMMINS WHO HAS BENN RUNNING B100 PLEASE POST UP!!!!!!!!!!
Mark

Yip running B-100 in an 01. I tell ya what, it's just like someone turned down the volume knob on the engine while driving down the freeway. I can hear the tires humming along. Kinda cool.

Off to the races..

dan
show me the filter

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
53 willys said:
7.3 power strokes are a pretty good engine but the 6.0 powerstroke is a joke if you ask me the variable turbo SUCKS!! LOTS of turbo sound with no go:eek:
the one at work has a hard time pulling a golf cart!!!:rofl: If you want a Ford buy a 7.3 PS IMO

I would buy a 12v cummins or a 7.3PS waaaaaaaaayyyy before a old "turbo diesel ford"

I feel bad for the owners of the early model 6.0L. They are Junk if you ask me too :sick: one of them in my brothers fleet is on its 2nd engine, 3rd set of heads, 2nd turbo ect... guess the miles?..................................32,XXX :ugh:

As far as the old IDI 7.3's go.....they aren't as powerfull as a stock 7.3PS (although they can be), but they are hard too kill ;)

Kris K

4x4 Addict!
rckcrlr said:
My 95 psd loves B20. Runs smoother, and just slightly better milage, not alot but about 10 miles or so more out of a tank.
It will get b100 today so we will see....

I can't wait to try B20. Come on Utah County.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
I didn't mean the 6.9, but the year or two before the Powerchoke, they had a 7.3 thatwas a Navistar engine, and from all practical outside appearances is a powerchoke.

(If I am out in left field correct me, as I am kinda a Blue Oval Vidgin)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
breederwheeler said:
I didn't mean the 6.9, but the year or two before the Powerchoke, they had a 7.3 thatwas a Navistar engine, and from all practical outside appearances is a powerchoke.

(If I am out in left field correct me, as I am kinda a Blue Oval Vidgin)

Navistar yes.....Similar mabey........Internals NO way ;) The 7.3 (some turbo... some not depending......) was more similar to the 6.9 than the Powerstroke. The Powerstroke utillizes electrically controlled Direct injection (DI) where the earlier 7.3 was mechanical with Indirect injection (IDI). IDI engines are very different as they have a precombustion chamber, and typically a higher compression ratio. Either is great, but DI engines handle heat a LOT better.... thus having potential for more power, and aftermarket support follows with that ;)

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
Cool, thanks.
My EFI 302 barely pulls its own weight (truck + 5200#) and gives 10 to me when it has to.
12 empty, and yes, I have tuned it, all but O2 sensor.

Can't afford 25 cents a mile, so Dismal here I come.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
breederwheeler said:
Cool, thanks.
My EFI 302 barely pulls its own weight (truck + 5200#) and gives 10 to me when it has to.
12 empty, and yes, I have tuned it, all but O2 sensor.

Can't afford 25 cents a mile, so Dismal here I come.

I know a cure for your poor milage, and lack of power...................It's called DIESEL POWER :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: