Bio-Diesel

zukgod1

Senior crawler
53 willys said:
up to B50 with a common rail diesel=:D anything over B50=:sick:

you can run B50 in a common rail and have no problems, but if you go over
B50 it may clog your fuel filter.

Depends, if you have been running B50 for longer than a week switching to B100 wont clog your filters, chances are your system is clean already if you have been running BIO at all.

I've been running B100 in the Dodge, sure makes the engine quiet driving down the road.

dan

DrMoab

My cousin is the service manager for Evanston Motors.

He told me that Dodge sent them a bulliten that if you have motor problems and they find ANY Bio in your fuel that it will void the warranty.

53 willys

Bad speller
zukgod1 said:
Depends, if you have been running B50 for longer than a week switching to B100 wont clog your filters, chances are your system is clean already if you have been running BIO at all.

I've been running B100 in the Dodge, sure makes the engine quiet driving down the road.

dan

You can run B100 all day long in a 89-02 cummins but if you put it in a 03-07 HPCR cummins your filter WILL clog. it polymerizes the veg oil and turns it stringy!! and then clogs your fuel filter with the stringy junk!

READ THIS THREAD!http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=86104&highlight=Bio+diesel+truck

53 willys

Bad speller
DrMoab said:
My cousin is the service manager for Evanston Motors.

He told me that Dodge sent them a bulliten that if you have motor problems and they find ANY Bio in your fuel that it will void the warranty.

In the 06 cummins owners manual it states that a 5% (B5) blend is allowed, so that guy's flying on the moon.;)

Doug smith dodge told me that a mega cab long bed would be so long that you would need a CDL to drive it!!!:rofl: :eek: :rofl:
don't believe everything the dealer tells you. they love voiding warrantys and make us pay instead of them:mad:

so they would have to do some type of fuel sample off the tank to prove you had more then B5 in the tank. ( not saying that cant happen as it very well could.)

DrMoab

53 willys said:
In the 06 cummins owners manual it states that a 5% (B5) blend is allowed, so that guy's flying on the moon.;)

Doug smith dodge told me that a mega cab long bed would be so long that you would need a CDL to drive it!!!:rofl: :eek: :rofl:
don't believe everything the dealer tells you. they love voiding warrantys and make us pay instead of them:mad:

so they would have to do some type of fuel sample off the tank to prove you had more then B5 in the tank. ( not saying that cant happen as it very well could.)
I will have to see if I can find anything in my 05 manual. This was a bullitin he got from Chrysler, not just some joe blow and he is my cousin and I know he wouldn't BS me.

And as far as running a sample...you bet they would. He told me that if they have a Dodge come in with a total engine failure they will fly Chrysler reps out to look it over. If there was ANY sign of engine mods, Chips, fuel work, anything that they would void the warranty. It happend to one they had up there.

I guess Dodge doesn't like paying for 12K motors.

Last edited:

53 willys

Bad speller
should say the same thing in your 05 manual.

I'm leaving my truck stock this time, no boxes or programmers for me.

but I do want to run bio. I wish they would let us run at least B20.:mad:

yeah they love voiding warranties, they will balm your trailer brake module on engine failure if they can:rofl:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I filled up with B100 today, and didn't void my warranty...........Oh wait I don't have one! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: But then again my truck isn't as cool as a new one either :sick:

Alternate fuels made by our fellow countrymen in the US = :D .......Fuel made by country's that hate us = :(

zukgod1

Senior crawler
53 willys said:
You can run B100 all day long in a 89-02 cummins but if you put it in a 03-07 HPCR cummins your filter WILL clog. it polymerizes the veg oil and turns it stringy!! and then clogs your fuel filter with the stringy junk!

READ THIS THREAD!http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=86104&highlight=Bio+diesel+truck

Sorry your not going to get me to believe this one.
There has not been enough testing on this for anyone to back it up.
There is no way running BIO in your HPCR is going to turn the BIO "stringy".
It is NOT running at high pressures when it goes through the filter so this is just not gonna happen.

Tank- pump- Filter- IP- Injectors- burnt.

The ONLY possibility of this happening would be the fuel thats returned to the tank, then wouldn't it clog the pu screen?

Cummins is covering their butts just for this reason, at this time there is no reason for them to go out on a limb and do all the testing on BIO, they are leaving that up to the BIO producers.

If you have ran or know of someone that has ran BIO in a HPCR Engine at greater concentrations than 20% and had a filter get clogged from "stringy" BIO than please PM me, I want to see it.

Don't take this wrong I'm not attempting to flame you at all, I'm very curious about BIO and the potential it has four our trucks and environment. For some reason my mind tells me I need to see these so called problems that are claimed before I can give them any credit.

dan

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
Based on the fact that the post from dodgedeiselresource.com was from 05, I would think that Bio has come a long way. I too am interested in running Bio in my 03. I will be following this closely.

Nate R

It's derby season!
toys4rocks said:
Based on the fact that the post from dodgedeiselresource.com was from 05, I would think that Bio has come a long way. I too am interested in running Bio in my 03. I will be following this closely.

Mine is an 03 Cummins I am on my second tank, fresh filter and no problems.:cool:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
There are so many conflicting stories about bio out there that I just said screw it I'm going to run it, and find out for myself. If you think about it (most) diesel fuel systems are NOT very complex. On my particular vehicle it goes: Fuel tank - fuel line - lift pump - fuel line - fuel heater/water seperator/fuel filter - fuel line - injector pump - 8 more fuel lines - injectors - ka-booom! If one of those fail it is easy to detect which one it is. The only thing that scares me is in cold weather having my lift pump overwhelmed to the point it fails, but so far so good :sick:

My advise to anyone: Learn (if you don't already know) your diesels fuel system and componants. Don't void a warranty on a truck your already paying too much per month for (cause the 20 bucks you save filling up is nothing compared to the cost of any repair if the warranty is VOID). Don't listen to the hype that Bio is some stupid teenagers science project distributed nation wide. Bio is very refined and tested well beyond the typical #2 diesel at the pump, but it just isn't a fill up and go in ALL vehicles (but can be in MOST with little effort). Lubricant and detergent keep that in mind :)

53 willys

Bad speller
zukgod1 said:
Sorry your not going to get me to believe this one.
There has not been enough testing on this for anyone to back it up.
There is no way running BIO in your HPCR is going to turn the BIO "stringy".
It is NOT running at high pressures when it goes through the filter so this is just not gonna happen.

Tank- pump- Filter- IP- Injectors- burnt.

The ONLY possibility of this happening would be the fuel thats returned to the tank, then wouldn't it clog the pu screen?

Cummins is covering their butts just for this reason, at this time there is no reason for them to go out on a limb and do all the testing on BIO, they are leaving that up to the BIO producers.

If you have ran or know of someone that has ran BIO in a HPCR Engine at greater concentrations than 20% and had a filter get clogged from "stringy" BIO than please PM me, I want to see it.

Don't take this wrong I'm not attempting to flame you at all, I'm very curious about BIO and the potential it has four our trucks and environment. For some reason my mind tells me I need to see these so called problems that are claimed before I can give them any credit.

dan

Run the B100 just report back so we know how it goes, I would love to find out from you.;)

read this.....newer threadhttp://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=109395&highlight=made and PM member Infidel about it he is part of the research team that found out about bio and HPCR. your filter will clog in 1000 or so miles!

53 willys

Bad speller
nate13 said:
Mine is an 03 Cummins I am on my second tank, fresh filter and no problems.:cool:
what have you been running????

B100? or B20? or B5?

I have B20 in my 06 right now with no problems. just don't go above B50;)

zukgod1

Senior crawler
53 willys said:
Run the B100 just report back so we know how it goes, I would love to find out from you.;)

read this.....newer threadhttp://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=109395&highlight=made and PM member Infidel about it he is part of the research team that found out about bio and HPCR. your filter will clog in 1000 or so miles!

I run BIO, no problems

The reading I've done says the Polymerization (Flocking) is caused from a poor refining of the BIO not the high pressures.
Once again, show me a filter and I'll belive it.

Check this out.

"High pressure won't polymerize biodiesel. The polymerization issue arises if the fuel oxidizes into peroxides (i.e. hydroperoxide), which can then lead to polymerization. The navy has done extensive research on this. See one of their reports at http://www.biodiesel.org/resources/...701_mar-021.pdf
Note that in their tests, they found that the biodiesel they used was MORE stable against oxidation than their diesel fuel. The biggest issue comes down to three things - quality, quality, and quality.

dan
show me the filter