Bitcoin

MattL

When making initial investments, have you all used credit card or bank account info? Coinbase doesn't have my bank listed (AFCU), so I have to find a different bank and I don't really want to give my id to another entity to use a credit card.

RockChucker

When making initial investments, have you all used credit card or bank account info? Coinbase doesn't have my bank listed (AFCU), so I have to find a different bank and I don't really want to give my id to another entity to use a credit card.
I was able to link my america first account to coinbase. i have never made a trade with coinbase though. it is just my inlet for putting in money. they charge too much for a transaction.

MattL

I was able to link my America First account to coinbase. i have never made a trade with coinbase though. it is just my inlet for putting in money. they charge too much for a transaction.

RockChucker who do you use?

Cant find it in the drop down under AFCU or America First Credit union.
Ill try again later tonight or maybe reach out to them.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I use my debit card on Coinbase, send the money to GDAX and then Binance. Less fees that way.

Caleb

When I was putting new money in through Coinbase, I did bank transfers and used AFCU. It's been so long I don't even remember setting it up :) . As mentioned though, be sure if you transfer out to another market, do it through GDAX instead of through Coinbase. (GDAX -> Coinbase is a free instant transfer)

They didn't have debit card option when I was putting new money in, but debit cards will let you have your coins now instead of 5+ days like a bank transfer. If you don't want to use Coinbase, you can also use Gemini or Uphold to get fiat to crypto.

MattL

Thoughts on Robinhood?
I am looking for outside influences besides the trading charts and their internal tools.
Ive listened to Andreas Antonopoulos a couple of times,(ill have to go back in a couple weeks and re listen.)
Reddit is full of random information you have to weed through.
I have been learning a bit about the trading vs holding to coins for long term from what appears to be quality Youtubers.
Is any other resources you all recommend?

N-Smooth

r/cryptocurrency is my source of entertainment at work. Sometimes there’s some (seemingly) useful info and what ends up being good predictions but the rest of the time it’s just funny.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Weeeee!

4y6efz4jb3dz.gif

x10

Caleb

Couple thoughts on Robinhood. If it's truly a way to get fee free fiat to crypto, then I'll at minimum use it for that. My one issue is they do a credit check before setting your account up. (They don't tell you this, but they notified me because my credit is frozen to prevent unauthorized use of it...it seems to have worked) . I have trading accounts at many different brokers/platforms (both for fiat/stocks and for crypto trading) and I've never had them pull a credit check. So that bothers me a bit about them. At this point, my Robinhood account is in a state of I'll wait and see.

I've made my crypto money by hodling/luck more than anything. The crypto trading I've done has been more manual using the traditional means. However, lately I've been looking more in to some of the robots. Profit Trailer, gunbot, crypto hopper, Haasbot, etc. Haven't pulled the trigger on any of them yet but I probably will soon.

N-Smooth

Whoa if anybody is looking into Robinhood, make sure to use a referral link (I can provide) so you and the referrer get a free stock and get moved up the Crypto waiting list. I’ve used Robinhood for some light trading for a couple years now and it’s been good.