Bitcoin

Caleb

Did anybody lose some cyber-green today with bitcoin's drop in value? do y'all think it will go back up to the $20k range?

Lose, we’ll not really but my overall is down from my high. Considering what I bought at, my returns are still ridiculous. :) I did buy a bunch more of several different coins taking advantage of this down.

ozzy702

I bought ETH from $600 all the way down to $460. I had orders down to $400 but obviously none of those got filled. Missed out on a few BTC by $200. Ugh.

muleskinner

What service do you use to buy it?
I use Coinbase and Binance.

I just cashed out half (now $2800) from Verge when it hit .30.

I put $5000 in the alt coins three weeks ago, I have $5300 back in the bank and I'm playing with $7117 of house money now. Not a lot, but it's pretty fun so far. I figure I'll play with it for little longer and then cash out.

muleskinner

Verge could go big next week if they get Wraith out this weekend and it works like they say! It's made me $1200 this morning, I can't wait to see what the weekend brings! Unless it crashes, then I can wait :oops:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Fingers crossed!
In the last week since getting into this I now have 12 different coins- some big, some small. I’m really hoping the “sh*tcoin” strategy as described on Reddit will pay off but only time will tell. If not, I have more money in some established coins that will hopefully offset the minor losses.

Cascadia

Undecided
I’ve just used Coinbase so far. On Binance can you buy or just trade? Haven’t looked into it too much. But been wanting to put some money in xrp.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I’ve just used Coinbase so far. On Binance can you buy or just trade? Haven’t looked into it too much. But been wanting to put some money in xrp.

You have to move crypto into it to trade. I move LTC cause the fee is smaller.
I bought POE for 3 cents on Sunday and it’s at 11 cents today. Woot.

muleskinner

Ethereum just broke out, very nice. Ratio climbed quite a bit.

I bought 4 ethereum this morning at 6AM, pretty happy with that one! I traded it into VEN when it was at $900, hopefully its a good buy! I have just over 2500 VEN now, holding for a couple months, or longer if needed.

ozzy702

Very glad I bought XLM a few weeks ago and sat on it. Still think it has legs to hit at least 20B in the short term.

Caleb

If anyone is interested, https://ravencoin.org/ went live the other day. This is backed by Bruce Fenton. These coins are mineable by CPU only for now. GPU is coming but not here yet. This has been designed to be asic resistant to try to prevent it from getting to where the bitcoin blockchain is in terms of difficulty.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If anyone is interested, https://ravencoin.org/ went live the other day. This is backed by Bruce Fenton. These coins are mineable by CPU only for now. GPU is coming but not here yet. This has been designed to be asic resistant to try to prevent it from getting to where the bitcoin blockchain is in terms of difficulty.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up! Want to start a pool? I have a rack of 4 R710s w/ dual quads in each just sitting powered off. Not sure I want to bump my power bill though :rofl:

Caleb

Pooling isn't supported yet, it'll be coming with the GPU mining. So right now, a pool would just be an manual thing, each time you mined a block, you'd split the coins with whoever else is doing the same. The 710s should do around 200K-250K hps, so not too bad. We're finding that high clock speed desktop cpus do better than the server cpus and hyperthreading hurts performance. (with hyperthreading on a 16 core dual proc Xeon (so 32 cores) we were only around 170K hps, without hyperthreading it jumped as high as 280K hps)

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Pooling isn't supported yet, it'll be coming with the GPU mining. So right now, a pool would just be an manual thing, each time you mined a block, you'd split the coins with whoever else is doing the same. The 710s should do around 200K-250K hps, so not too bad. We're finding that high clock speed desktop cpus do better than the server cpus and hyperthreading hurts performance. (with hyperthreading on a 16 core dual proc Xeon (so 32 cores) we were only around 170K hps, without hyperthreading it jumped as high as 280K hps)
You guys just lost me:oops:

ozzy702

Can the miner just ignore hyperthreaded cores or is turning off hyperthreading a necessity?