Boat registration decals

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Hey boat dudes, it's time to apply my registration decals to a boat I bought 7 months ago. I ordered some fancy ass decals but I'm worried they are too fancy for the state.

I ordered these:Hardline Products BRBKG200 Series 200 Factory Matched 3-Inch Boat & PWC Registration Number Kit, Brown/Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001447MK2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_pH09CbXGWP81C

The state says they must be bold block letters without shading. Am I fuqed?

They are shaded. Some of mine are shaded. In my experience, it is just like a front license plate and every other regulation: If you are otherwise obeying the law and acting courteously, the ranger won't care about your shaded registration letters. If they have some other reason to care, they will add the registration letters to whatever else they consider in violation.

Bart

Like Unimog said, chances are you will be okay, as long as they contrast with the boat. But it is an excuse for a ranger to pull you over if he's having a bad day.

Anchor_Mtn

Work Less, Travel More
Vendor
Those will be fine and they are fairly standard on boats used everywhere.
"Shaded" generally refers to the double layer stickers with a secondary color off to one side.

Dont drink and drive, have the required PFDs and you will be fine.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
You all are Saints. I'm NEVER not doing anything wrong. NEVER. Not according to the do gooders anyway.

I got seriously hassled by a fish cop once because he said I was "staring him down". Serious.

- DAA

Well, stop glaring at the fish cops.

Reactions: DAA