Bring *all* the tinfoil hats for this one...

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.

Dr. Charles Lieber, 60, Chair of the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Harvard University, was arrested this morning and charged by criminal complaint with one count of making a materially false, fictitious and fraudulent statement. Lieber will appear this afternoon before Magistrate Judge Marianne B. Bowler in federal court in Boston, Massachusetts.

Zaosong Zheng, 30, a Chinese national, was arrested on Dec. 10, 2019, at Boston’s Logan International Airport and charged by criminal complaint with attempting to smuggle 21 vials of biological research to China. On Jan. 21, 2020, Zheng was indicted on one count of smuggling goods from the United States and one count of making false, fictitious or fraudulent statements. He has been detained since Dec. 30, 2019.

Unbeknownst to Harvard University beginning in 2011, Lieber became a “Strategic Scientist” at Wuhan University of Technology (WUT) in China

Whoa.

Edit - Snopes says no connection. Bummer.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Snopes has a clear bias with political issues, and I don't trust them on that score any farther than I can kick an anvil barefoot. They're generally reliable with other stuff.

I don't know what to think about China. They're a problem. All of their domestic bullshit aside, they're playing dirty pool internationally as well. I'm fully prepared to believe they're guilty of more than inaction in this Wuhan virus thing.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If snopes lied 100% of the time, they'd have absolutely no traffic. They have to be truthful with most topics in order to decieve with other topics. It's really quite simple and it's exactly how the media operates.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Listen to Pompeo address the US State Governors about this issue... watch the entire message. Nice that he has the ability to draw from previous CIA experience to recognize threats that others might not. Very interesting.

Last edited:

Houndoc

Funny how a fact checking site is declared biased or lying if what they are saying disagrees with your thought process instead of considering the possibility you may be wrong.