Bronco EFI

Destroyer

Phil Nelson
I'm doing a EFI motor in my Bronco, It is a 66, When I got the motor I took everything including the harness, I was wondering if I could make the harness work or will I have to buy one of the after market ones?
Any Bronco Drivers out there that have done this and can help that would be great.
Thanks, Phil

barnsbronco

A good place to look would be classicbroncos.com several guys from that site have done this and im sure they can steer you in the right direction.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
talk to Carl (team fred) or Dusty (Dustybronco) they seem to play a lot with Early Model Broncos.

I did a TPI 350 in my CJ and gave up on the stock harness and called Kurt at cuiseroutfitters and had him get me a aftermarket harnness. Way easy to install and works great.

good luck!

Destroyer

Phil Nelson
Yeah Iv talked to Dusty he just has the aftermarket ones I was hoping to save a little money by using the stock harness.
Thanks

jsudar

Get yourself a good wiring diagram for the donor vehicle and you should be able to make the stock harness work. After you have connected the harness to the motor, there are only a handful of powers, grounds and other wires that need to be connected, like the fuel pump relay. The worst part about it is cleaning all the junk you don't need out of the harness. You basically disassemble the harness and put it back together with less wires. It's time consuming, but it's cheap.

Ford makes stand alone wiring harnesses for their EEC-IV stuff, 5.0 or 5.8L

Destroyer

Phil Nelson
So my wiring skills aren't much better then wiring a stereo and i dont want to even try to dig into this harness i found i guy that will take my harness and rebuild it for me for about 280 depending on the condition that mine is in.

Destroyer

Phil Nelson
http://www.kolibar.com/ from there click on services link to see his harness, Go to contacts for his number, He has a link for dealers but they charge a little more and you can buy from him, I talker to him and he really seems to know what hes doing.
The add is for HO motors but he can do other 5.0 also,
I sent mine to him Saturday Ill post when I get it back.