Buggy at the pawn shop?

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm still shying away from the buggy because of all of the negativeness but I'm still wondering if anyone knows anything about it and what's it running? Chevy, yota, tons, tire size, t-case, anything else. Maybe it would be worth the parts alone and I could throw it all in a new chassis.

cannoncrawler

TWERNT THE MORMONS!!!!!!
If I remember right it has a tracker motor auto Tranny with manual valving. Dana 60's and bald 37 sticky treps. Not sure what the t-case is but It was a stockish one (not and Atlas or anything like that.) The stupid gas tank was like 2 gallons or some dumb amount like that.

I drove it a few years ago. (before SHTF) It worked great and Unless it has been hammered since then it would be a great little toy. At that time it had creepies on it, but those bald treps were stacked in his shop.

jinxspot

~ Bush Eater's Offroad ~
A little tube work, a different hood, paint. Who's going to know? Someone's going to get a deal.

My thoughts exactly bart!!! The money you save buying it at that low price, you can dump the extra funds into making it your own unique rig. I would never let the preceding issue of someone being a social dueschbag detour me from getting a good deal on a rig.

Actually, I would try to capitalize on the issue... (although I say that because I have no connection to the story at all)

sixstringsteve

I'd be scared that a former owner of said vehicle would want his parts back.

That thing went everywhere though. I was on a trail led by him before the crap hit the fan, and it was a pretty cool buggy (assuming it's the same one I'm thinking of).

crapmanche4l

...no more! Call me Murphey
4 cyl. auto trans, twin stick sami or toy t-case, air shocks front, coils rear, 4 link all around, air w/ 2 tanks, looks like a 5 gal. fuel tank, D60 from 14 bolt rear, wore out creepies(i think) on old chevy dodge steelies(garbage).steering is way loose, leaking oil from everywhere LOL... Anybody want to know anything else let me know, I live 3 blocks from the pawn shop. haha

muleskinner

I see coils on front in Tracy's pic:confused:

4 cyl. auto trans, twin stick sami or toy t-case, air shocks front, coils rear, 4 link all around, air w/ 2 tanks, looks like a 5 gal. fuel tank, D60 from 14 bolt rear, wore out creepies(i think) on old chevy dodge steelies(garbage).steering is way loose, leaking oil from everywhere LOL... Anybody want to know anything else let me know, I live 3 blocks from the pawn shop. haha

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
ha, It would have to be a killer deal, have you ever seen Crabtree drive? abused is putting it lightly. Last time I seen that rig at an event he blew the engine.

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
If I remember right he used some of his illegal money and replace the engine before he went to see his mom in the hospital in the middle of the desert in CA.

crapmanche4l

...no more! Call me Murphey
O k so if any of you are interested, stopped by there quick on my way across town, couldnt hear it run as the battery was dead, but it has racerunner air shocks front, coils rear, 14 bolt leaking from pinion, t-case has twin stick plus another on the output shaft, its a splined collar looking thing front dig maybe? trans or t-case leaking, front D60 with hig steer behind the axle its on a steel flat bed trailer tire are ok-ish. Got them to $2000 cash for it all! LOL I wish I had $2000 could be a ok starting point to get back into the sport. Sell my dirtbike...hmmmm...nah my bike is worth more, haha.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Hell, If I had some cash to play with I'd snag it, fix it up, repaint/change enough tube to be irrecognizable and rally it in the Lucas Oil Regionals @ MMP.

Chevycrew

I would be worried what else has been swapped. If the tires and front coilovers have been swapped out already.

It would need work getting it dialed in again, if the air shocks are even any good that got put on. Sounds like a dangerous gamble.

sixstringsteve

It sounds like just about everything will need to be gone through/rebuilt. I wouldn't be surprised if the future owner finds a few more surprises about what it needs.