build a trailer

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
i tow my jeep on the trailer with my dads bronco. it does better than my friends long bed 1/2 ton chevy. it is a 302 with manual tranny, and it does fine. why would you ever need to go over parleys? whats up there that is worthwhile?
my trailer weighs 1500 lbs (thats what they say) and the jeep weighs not much more than our sami :D

xj_punk said:
i tow my jeep on the trailer with my dads bronco. it does better than my friends long bed 1/2 ton chevy. it is a 302 with manual tranny, and it does fine. why would you ever need to go over parleys? whats up there that is worthwhile?
my trailer weighs 1500 lbs (thats what they say) and the jeep weighs not much more than our sami :D

"just fine" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What's worthwhile up Parley's? Oh, you're right. Nothing. :D

cheapzuk

My parents have a cabin at strawberry and they wanted to take the tractor there. I am thinking about getting an old camp trailer and converting it. I might be able to pick one up for free. What do you think, bad idea?

cheapzuk said:
My parents have a cabin at strawberry and they wanted to take the tractor there. I am thinking about getting an old camp trailer and converting it. I might be able to pick one up for free. What do you think, bad idea?

yep (bad idea) unless you eyeball it and it has same or bigger frame members as the 7000lb haulers that everyone has. Looking at the frame on my 26' travel trailer, I don't think I would...but now I'm curious. I'm gonna compare the outer frame. I know that the cross members on the tt are practically nonexistant (1 x 1 x 1/8" if that). I think the GVWR on it is around 6500 lbs, mebbe more, on a 20'+ car hauler that'd be more like 10,000lbs.

Caleb

cheapzuk said:

I think this is what Hickey did, maybe he will chime in with his experience.