Ford Build Thread: FrED the Ford. '98 E350 7.3 4x4 The More We Explore's Adventure Van

sixstringsteve

A few recent pics. I'm LOVING this van.

20161122_165746_zpsfhvc3hkw.jpg

20161122_165415_zpssj77myze.jpg

20161122_165611_zpsqfpgylgh.jpg

20161123_122205_zpsb5kwjgtg.jpg

benjy

Rarely wrenches
Supporting Member
I've really been enjoying the youtube channel lately, getting some great ideas from you guys. We are planning on part timing this summer (3-4 months/year), picking up a new to us 5er next week. Keep it up! Looking forward to the video on the high top install.

sixstringsteve

Thanks Benjy. Unfortunately I didn't film the high top install (the vendor didn't want to advertise that they do installs). Congrats on the 5th wheel.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
How are you liking those Coopers after all the towing you have done with them? I am thinking they will be the next tires to go on my tow rig.

sixstringsteve

I love 'em. They're heavy, but they're fantastic tires. I've had them on 3 rigs. They do well in all conditions except ice, but they're still better than most A/Ts in snow and ice.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I had cooper STT's on my work 6.0 powerstroke, only got about 20k mi out of them, I feel like they were a softer compound. Hope you get more out of yours.

I'm with BlueWolfFab on the Coopers. Not a fan on my rigs that have had them (FAST wear and not quite as round as I'd like) but if they are working out for you (and it appears they are) run 'em if you like 'em

sixstringsteve

Not all coopers use the same rubber compound. I had some SSTs and they wore fast, same experience with their MT. These are wearing great though. I like these for the true 3 ply sidewall and the silica-infused rubber for when I hit cold weather. Even if they wear a little bit faster (which they don't seem to be doing), I've really been a fan of them. They're only slightly quieter than an M/T though. I like them more than my KM2s and KO1s in the past. The KO2 is an intriguing tire too. If these coopers didn't exist, I'd have the KO2s.