Jeep Building the RockyMountainExtreme.com Jeep Wrangler

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
blah, you just need a good blade for the hack saw...

:bow:

Hacksaw was much better than the chop saw, I didn't even bother with the cut-off wheel. Good call!

Some progress today. I finished up the fuel system, fuel cell, engine fittings & got all the lines secured. I also had to fab a transmission mount, since the skidplate wasn't built for a TH350 and an Atlas. Once that was done, I bolted up the TeraFlex BellyUp skidplate. That's a heavy MoFo!! :eek: The new BellyUp plate is built out of 1/4" plate. Pretty hard to get into place but it'll take some serious abuse!

Also swapped out the rear coils for smaller ones, the rear was over 2" too high. Now it sits level, like it should. :cool: With the new tweaks the stance is about perfect; 21" from the skidplate to the ground, the height is 6' 7" from the ground to the top of the cage. Wheelbase is around 104".

For tomorrow I'm going to install the engine harness, buy/mount a battery & get power to the motor. Couple other small things, but the harness is going to be pretty involved.

Greg

Admin
I'll work on some pics, I didn't think there were enough changes to justify them. :p Thanks for the springs Dave, they turned out to be the perfect height!

Greg

Admin
Ok, here's how the fuel system turned out. I still need to secure the fuel cell & get the wiring for the pump/sending unit.

SANY0003+_Medium__006.JPG

SANY0004+_Medium__007.JPG

Russel builds some pretty cool clip-on fittings that work with the factory fuel rail connections. You can also see the fuel pressure gauge.

SANY0005+_Medium__004.JPG

SANY0006+_Medium__005.JPG

Atlas & BellyUp skidplate. I need to fab a mount for the Roark Fab Atlas mount. I like how the skidplate is below the frame mount end of the rear, lower links. I shouldn't get hung up on the control arms!

SANY0007+_Medium__003.JPG

SANY0008+_Medium__002.JPG

And the new, lower stance. The Jeep sits quite level now & the stance looks real good.

SANY0010+_Medium__001.JPG

Paul R

Looks great Greg! Only one week of work to go on it and it hasn't shown up for sale good job!... :p I can't wait to see it all done it has been a great project to watch :)

Last edited:

Greg

Admin
That fuel tank is really nice! Fits perfect back there. It's really looking good Greg.

Thanks Shane, it's coming together quickly!

Looks great Greg! Only one week of work to go on it and it hasn't shown up for sale good job!... :p I can't wait to see it all done it has been a great project to watch :)

:rofl: -_- After all this work, I'll have to hang on to it for 20 yrs to get my moneys worth out of it!

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Are you gonna run rubber isolaters under the cell or just hard mount it? Good thing you got those pics up, now me know what you did;)

RockChucker

that fuel cell is awesome! how many gallons is it? is it close to the stock tank size or is it a lot smaller? it is coming together nicely.

Greg

Admin
Yeah, that whole fuel cell and plumbing is making me drool.

drooling-2.gif

Are you gonna run rubber isolaters under the cell or just hard mount it? Good thing you got those pics up, now me know what you did;)

Yeah, I'll probably find some kind of rubber to go between the floor & the cell.

that fuel cell is awesome! how many gallons is it? is it close to the stock tank size or is it a lot smaller? it is coming together nicely.

It's right around 15 gallons, very close to a stock tank.