Burning trees

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
I think this belongs in this thread, I was out to lil moab on the 10th and I saw some retards burning live trees. I didn't say nothin cuz I'm a *****. What should I say next time I see it? There Jeep said somethin like Hanson Welding? I think. Anybody know'm?

OCNORB

Supporting Member
DO something!! These are the guys that will get the trails closed. If they are doing stupid sh** like that out there, what else have they done/will they do??
I think some pictures and a call to the authorities would be one way , but I would have said something to them. It's a shame that someone didn't.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Not that it means anything, because anyone could put any sticker on their rig they wanted, but there is a Hanson Welding & Fabrication Inc out of Payson Utah. A carefully worded phone call to ask "hey I saw a rig with your sticker on it, it was red with a black cage (or whatever it was)" may help to identify who it was. From there it is easy to tell them that you witnessed the destruction, and you have the option to report it, or to let the owners know that thy guys from RME will be keeping a close eye on what they destroy.

Capt. Picky

quite
That sort of thing has to attended on the spot. If one has a feeling of trepidation due to drunken and disorderly behavior, excessive odds by number not in your favor and the like, then as Houndoc and OCNORB have stated, simply take note of the vehicle(s) License Tag/ make and model/ number of involved persons and beat a hasty retreat to the nearest authority who can effect action.

If you fail to act when obviously wanton and destructive (or even a totally *careless*) action is observed, the result will be to everyones detriment rather than those of the (ir)responsible party. Act now...don't wait.

Similar things occurred up in the SandFlats area back in '93 IIRC. People were breaking limbs off live trees to use either as fuelwood, or so they could park their rigs and motorhome/campers closer to their buddies. It got to a point where a certain Todd Campbell (an enviromentalist) went up there and put signs on trees - one very obvious one was right across from "Baby Lions Back" - on which was written something to the effect of "I am a living tree, please don't tear off my limbs or use for firewood".

As ridiculous as that might seem, the entire pattern of behavior witnessed up there achieved the paramount of absurdity. SandFlats became a completely regulated and pay for use area right after that. Cr@p still continues up there, but to a lesser degree - and now you must pay to be in it, and all vehicles are documented (or should be) when entering .

<sarcasm> Wonderful... </sarcasm> :-\

Capt. Picky

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
Sorry I didn't do anything, I didn't even think, next time I will for sure, it was a maroon Wrangler. Thats all I know but my buddy might have got him on camera so I will watch the video and find out.

morty

Head full of rocks
Tiny said:
I think this belongs in this thread, I was out to lil moab on the 10th and I saw some retards burning live trees. I didn't say nothin cuz I'm a *****. What should I say next time I see it? There Jeep said somethin like Hanson Welding? I think. Anybody know'm?

You should get your facts straight before you start bashing people, I was with that group, I gathered up the wood for the fire, so I know that these (live trees as you put it) were laying on the ground no force was used to move them from where they were laying to the small camp fire, these bushes were dead that were being burned, did you go over and look at this fire or did you do a drive-by observation?

On a seprate note we cleaned up trash that other people were leaving on the ground that place was not in the best shape that day, you show up late in the after noon and assume we are bad people with no regareds for our trails or land use problems, thats not cool.

Tiny

mmmm.....beefy!!!
morty said:
You should get your facts straight before you start bashing people, I was with that group, I gathered up the wood for the fire, so I know that these (live trees as you put it) were laying on the ground no force was used to move them from where they were laying to the small camp fire, these bushes were dead that were being burned, did you go over and look at this fire or did you do a drive-by observation?

On a seprate note we cleaned up trash that other people were leaving on the ground that place was not in the best shape that day, you show up late in the after noon and assume we are bad people with no regareds for our trails or land use problems, thats not cool.

The trees I saw were VERY green, and yes I went right next to the fire, so don't try to tell me what I did or didn't see, already on the ground or not, they were still GREEN, what do you expect people to think when they see that? Besides I just stated that that's what I saw, I wasn't bashing anybody. And I didn't assume you were "bad people" cuz I was talkin to your buddy in the jeep.

I also posted this hoping somebody would say something so thankyou.

Oh, I just reread my first post, sorry about the retard comment, didn't really mean anything by, just lack of a better word. And next time I will talk to whoever I see personally and get the scoop so that I don't jump the gun again.

Last edited: