Busy day????

Caleb

mbryson said:
Nah.....nothing you've done. Something I did today......

:rofl: I almost did the same thing when I had the 4.3L mounted...this is the clearance I had :eek:

Attachments

• clearance.jpg
    clearance.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 20

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
Hood won't shut, eh? Is it hitting the air cleaner?

DING DING DING.....:D Shawn and Braden win......a Coke out of the fridge in the garage? Shouldn't be too bad.....I only tacked (although heavily) the motor mounts in. I bet that doesn't take me long to fix. I could get a Camaro air cleaner and I bet it would work out fine, though.

Caleb

mbryson said:
DING DING DING.....:D Shouldn't be too bad.....I only tacked (although heavily) the motor mounts in. I bet that doesn't take me long to fix. I could get a Camaro air cleaner and I bet it would work out fine, though.

does that assembly have the little extension piece under the air cleaner like my TBI assembly does? If so then you can get an air cleaner assembly from a caddy, and an air tube from a 94 s-10 4.3L and a cone filter...that is what I am using on mine and I believe Carl had the same on his old buggy. It puts the air filter off to the side of the motor which is kinda nice...

jp008

Marc,

The wooden x-member is complete bling. If you stain it right it could look like Maple or even Oak...... :eek:

Thanks again.

mbryson

Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:
Any particular reason you don't want to move the motor down a few inches?

Nope....that's what's happening.....I was just trying too hard to have the 'flat' belly pan and stuck it higher than it needed to be.

mbryson

Supporting Member
jp008 said:
Marc,

The wooden x-member is complete bling. If you stain it right it could look like Maple or even Oak...... :eek:

Thanks again.

I've got some cherry on the wall in the garage. The final crossmember will be made of cherry....:D

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
mbryson said:
Nope....that's what's happening.....I was just trying too hard to have the 'flat' belly pan and stuck it higher than it needed to be.
Getting a Flat Belly is like keeping a Six Pack..... some times it just can't be done....... ;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
Marc, if you're gonna use cherry for the x-member I really recommend a good UV protectant in the finish, as it bleaches out in the sun. And then it will just look like pine or something.

Just get a big hole saw and pretend you're Shannon Campbell. :D