C.B. Tuning

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
does anyone here have or know of someone that has a meter to tune a cb antenna? i can't even pick someone from 50 ft away.

It's called a SWR meter. You can get one for about $20 at Radio Shack. Very simple, as long as your antennae is adjustable. If it's not, then you have to change the length of it by cutting some off, or etc. Then it is real easy to ruin an antennae by taking too much off....

Just make sure that you don't have another problem. Bad coax, un grounded antennae, etc.

bruzer

SOunds like more like a connection problem or a radio problem. Even if your SWR readings are off a bit you can usually transmit or receive from more than a couple hundred feet away. Check your anntena ground and your coax connections. Good Luck!!

BII_freebee

are you running dual whips, they will cancel each other out make sure you have good coax and I agree with everyone else make sure to get an adjustable antenna it's easier to tune and coax is cheap what kind of CB is it it may have a meter builkt in. you could buy a 102 inch steel whip they flex pretty good but for wheeling they get caught on trees unless you tie them down. I was really into CB's I could reach all over the valley with a Mobile in high school so if you have questions just ask. another antenna that was good was a k40 and you can remove them quickly not sure if they are still available.

dabears

May be next year
no meter built in just a little cobra 19 ultra 3 and the antenna is a cheapy I bought for $10, it is one that needs trimming. I payed more for the mounting bracket for the antenna then i did for the radio and antenna together.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I have a meter if your still in need of one... I will be in the valley monday and could help you with it if you would like...

John
307-679-1275

DevinB

I like traffic lights
A quality antenna will make all the difference in the world. As for the SWR meter - not that I'd know or anything, but you can buy them at Radio Shack, use it quickly, then return it. -_-

Devin

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
I have serveral if you don't find somebody close to tune it.

I believe there is only 1 truck stop that has a teck and that is the flying J in ogden.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
if your going to be around the valley thursday I could use a great excuse to get away from the family and meet you somewhere and fix this for you....
Sorry I didn't make it monday got tied up with work and then had to go get the kids...

dabears

May be next year
DITTO,:D just give me a call. i was going to call u monday but the only long distance we have is on the wife's cell and she had that at work with her.