can anyone else do a mid-week trip to Moab?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
To make up for my failed attempt at running the Rubicon, I want to get out for at least one or two more wheeling trips this season. My goal is to go somewhere that offers at least a moderate level of difficulty, something significantly beyond the usual Utah county Forest Lake/Mineral Basin thing. Moab is nice and close, has a wide variety of terrain, and I've not yet taken this Jeep there. Sounds perfect. :)

I'm thinking of making a short trip later this month (assuming I get my clutch problem resolved). Here's the rub: I'm looking at going in the middle of the week, such as driving down Tuesday morning, running a trail that afternoon, then another trail the next morning, and returning home Wednesday evening. Does anyone else have a work schedule that will allow them to go on a mid-week trip with me?

Even if nobody here can do this, I have a backup plan. I just thought I'd check here first to see if any other RMEers might be able and interested to go along.

sixstringsteve

I recommend you try the Golden Spike trail. It's actually 3 trails connected together: Poison Spider Mesa, Golden Spike, and Gold Bar Rim. Super fun trail, all-day adventure, and quite like the Rubicon (well, as close as you can get in Moab). It's a really fun trail and it's not as tough as hanging tree, but tougher than rattlesnake/constrictor. I'm having a tough time deciding if the Rubicon or Golden Spike is my favorite trail.

I'm running out of vacation time, but once you have the dates set, post up so I can check my schedule.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
Dempsey, I'm meeting a bunch of 4runner geeks in Moab in mid october, wed the tenth. You (or you, tacoman) are welcome to join us.

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

kellerexpress

Ive been trying to plan a short trip like that to Moab for a while, I may be able to swing it depending on the dates. I can check my schedule and get back to you. When will your jeep be done?

Last edited:

BLACKMAGIC

I have a group going to Moab in October. 18-21st. One of the trail days we are running is poison spider to gold bar rim and through metal masher. Steel bender. Top of the world. And whatever sounds good. Free to join if anyone likes

Houndoc

Sept and October are booked for me but a short trip like that is what it will take to get me back down there, so open to trying a trip.