Can RME collectively buy a ghost town?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
The listing doesn't say anything about water rights. That's a great deal on the land, especially if there is water included.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Interesting! I've spent time in this town in my younger days... drinking and exploring the ghost stories. :D

I'd throw in for an acre or maybe two.

This area has the ability to be and alternate 'AreaBFE'. The terrain is pretty awesome.

Coco

I don't have a ton of funds, but I will pitch in what I can, including time to make some cool trails, or whatever else is needed.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
After glancing at the map, it looks like most of the cool terrain is near the town remains, which I'm sure nobody wants to destroy (I certainly wouldn't). Is there more to the terrain than appears on the map Shane? Owning an entire ghost town would be cool...

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
After glancing at the map, it looks like most of the cool terrain is near the town remains, which I'm sure nobody wants to destroy (I certainly wouldn't). Is there more to the terrain than appears on the map Shane? Owning an entire ghost town would be cool...

Yea looking at the map you might right. It's further up Spring Canyon that I've played around. It might be hard to get some trails cut into that area, it's pretty close to the other houses there too... but the photos posted on the site are of places that are further up... so it's hard to say.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
I'd be in for a few acres... just think if we turned it into a great ghost town and charged admission... all you need to do is say its haunted and the ghost hunters would be all over this place.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I can't seem to get the map to pull up anyone have the link?

It's in Spring Canyon, but the "map" on the realty agent's site doesn't point to the actual location. I'm curious too because I've been up there several times and I don't think I've seen this site, I'll go looking for it when I'm in front of a real computer.

Oh, and I'm broke AF but if this actually happens I bet I could scrape up a couple hundo anyway.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It's in Spring Canyon, but the "map" on the realty agent's site doesn't point to the actual location. I'm curious too because I've been up there several times and I don't think I've seen this site, I'll go looking for it when I'm in front of a real computer.

I agree, the map isn't showing the actual location. It has to be further up. You don't start seeing the old foundations until a little farther up.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
All I can tell for sure is that it's up a canyon between Standard and Latuda, south of the road, and the miners lived in Standard so the mouth of the canyon at 39.699785, -110.938539 is probably in the ball park.

I found this site with a whole grip of historical information, including arcane stuff like "Section 18, SE1/4 of NE1/4; NE1/4 of SE1/4; S1/2 of SE1/4, Township 13 South, Range 9 East, Salt Lake Meridian, comprising 160 acres" which if I'm reading it right means the "prospect" on topo maps at 39.6979, -110.9502 is the original mine site.

There's more location data at that site.

Last edited: