Can RME collectively buy a ghost town?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Email back from the agent regarding water and power: "There are no water rights unfortunately, but the power line does run up the road which this property has frontage."

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
All I can tell for sure is that it's up a canyon between Standard and Latuda, south of the road, and the miners lived in Standard so the mouth of the canyon at 39.699785, -110.938539 is probably in the ball park.

I found this site with a whole grip of historical information, including arcane stuff like "Section 18, SE1/4 of NE1/4; NE1/4 of SE1/4; S1/2 of SE1/4, Township 13 South, Range 9 East, Salt Lake Meridian, comprising 160 acres" which if I'm reading it right means the "prospect" on topo maps at 39.6979, -110.9502 is the original mine site.

There's more location data at that site.

Can confirm, this is the location. The realtor also has two other parcels up this canyon for sale as well, one is just on the other side of Standardville. Can share maps via email if anyone is curious.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Can confirm, this is the location. The realtor also has two other parcels up this canyon for sale as well, one is just on the other side of Standardville. Can share maps via email if anyone is curious.

Any idea how big and what price the other parcels are listed for?

Skylinerider

Wandering the desert
Any idea how big and what price the other parcels are listed for?

I don't know how big, but one area is the Peerless ghost town/mine and land north of there. The other area is just at the mouth of the canyon right near current homes. Shoot me an email and I'll forward you the maps and history he sent me.