Car insurance

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Who do you use and what are your tricks to save money?

I use a broker (Caliber insurance in Orem) she has always been the lowest price. Currently she is selling me a policy with Selective. It went WAY up this year so I'm shopping.

My 2006 F350 has the high GVWR and because of that it is considered commercial and is stupid to insure. It's currently $1200 a year while my 2024 Subaru and my 2022 Tacoma are under $800 each.

For 4 cars and 2 camp trailers with 2 drivers and zero tickets or accidents I'm paying close to $5k per year with a multi policy discount for my home being through the same company.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Broker - Axis Insurance. I'm with Bear River for both cars and house. My home insurance doubled this year, the cars went up a bit. I don't like it, but it sounds like it's an industry-wide increase. :rolleyes:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Broker - Axis Insurance. I'm with Bear River for both cars and house. My home insurance doubled this year, the cars went up a bit. I don't like it, but it sounds like it's an industry-wide increase. :rolleyes:
Yep my house doubled this year too. Got to pay for those Florida claims some how, without touching the bottom line.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
$9,899/year.
iu

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
Broker here too, Bowen Insurance or something. The broker situation is the bomb, they review it every year and they find the best deals. Ours went up a bunch this year but they said it was industry-wide and not to bother looking around until next year.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I dunno if I get a good deal because I have so much crap insured: but I got a bill for my Ducati yesterday. $180 for the year! I'm ok with that. State Farm.
I insure 3 KTM ADV bikes, a CBR1000, 2 yamaha dirt bikes and 2 KTM dirt bikes for $700 a year through Progressive. It's a steal.

02SE

Three cars and the house, I'm at about 2k per year. Bear river. Three motorcycles, all sportbikes with a bad reputation with insurance companies, about 600 per year. State farm.

A high credit score, no tickets, and being considered old, apparently helps.

Tebbsjeep

I use N-smooth's broker, and they cut my auto policy in half, and my home policy went down about 40% when we switched. It went up a bit last winter, but they to cited it's industry wide. Still happy with the switch.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Switched over to State Farm end of Feb. I'm about half of what Farmers was charging me. I've got 5 cars and 5 drivers (3 under 21) and paying about $380 a month.
I need to switch from Farmers, they are killing me. I'm close to that price but only 1 under 21 driver and 4 vehicles. 3 drivers total. No accidents.

Die Blaue Ziege

Working on a Ford somewhere
we switched from State farm a couple of years ago, (I had been with them for over 20 years) they were always great to work with, and i cant say enough good things about Tyson Luthi the state farm rep i was under. amazing guy world class! however I always review rates in the spring and when Liberty Mutual was 2k less and had better coverage on both the cars as well as the home, I had to pull the trigger.
currently we insure
2021 tbr7 (motorcycle), $219 per year
1999 Jeep wrangler, 2001 F250 powerstroke, 2015 Ford Fusion energi $1945 all set at full coverage and $1k deductible
our 2200 square foot home $1143

so $275 per month...... man I need to see if I can get that number down :(

anyone have a go to for a teen driver? our oldest just passed her driving test yesterday. Help me Jesus!