• Side-Jobs Forum Rules:
    • No requests related to 4x4, offroad, or any services already provided by vendors who support RME and make this site possible. If you are seeking these types of services, please post in a General 4x4 or another approriate forum.
    • No requests related to morally questionable or illegal activities
    • Any requests here may be removed at any time at the discretion of the moderators

cement work?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Steve Johnson
(801) 301-7161
Great guy. He just poured an RV pad for me.
Tell him Eric Friedrichs sent you

DAA

I may give him a call too. Need a 10x12 pad poured flush with the parking lot asphalt (so it needs cut out first), for another generator at the office.

- DAA

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
If anyone doesn't mind sharing what they paid to get similar work done, I'd love to know. I need a new driveway in a bad way.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I think the work Steve did for me was quite reasonable.
approx 700 sq ft,
4.5" slab thickness with 12" at the side due to elevation change,
re-bar, not mesh, tied into existing driveway and garage foundation,
removed all sod, existing shrubs, concrete curb, and remains of an old basketball goal footing (two dump truck loads)
boxed in sprinkler controller and moved sprinkler heads as needed.
Routed downspouts through the slab and did a great job forming the concrete to allow a gate to work.
spent 2+ hours lifting up a post on my vinyl fence that had subsided because it just "looked bad" (not part of the job)
added 11yd gravel,
poured 14yd concrete ( he sent back a truckload of concrete because they got there late and it didn't have enough workable time left)
He wouldn't let the truck back onto my driveway so he ferried the crete in the bucket of his bobcat
broom finish with 2 coats of sealer (he also does stamping and staining)
5 Days total
$3400

Let me know if you want to come see it.

Last edited:

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Steve Johnson
(801) 301-7161
Great guy. He just poured an RV pad for me.

I had an RV pad poured a couple years ago (which I positively love), so I don't need that... but I do have one much much smaller project I'd like done (like 3' x 12'). Do you think this is too small for his operation?

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
I don't think so if you are a little flexible on schedule so he can fit it in between larger projects.
Regardless, he'll tell you straight up and not just throw out a ridiculous price.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
I think the work Steve did for me was quite reasonable.
approx 700 sq ft,
4.5" slab thickness with 12" at the side due to elevation change,
re-bar, not mesh, tied into existing driveway and garage foundation,
removed all sod, existing shrubs, concrete curb, and remains of an old basketball goal footing (two dump truck loads)
boxed in sprinkler controller and moved sprinkler heads as needed.
Routed downspouts through the slab and did a great job forming the concrete to allow a gate to work.
spent 2+ hours lifting up a post on my vinyl fence that had subsided because it just "looked bad" (not part of the job)
added 11yd gravel,
poured 14yd concrete ( he sent back a truckload of concrete because they got there late and it didn't have enough workable time left)
He wouldn't let the truck back onto my driveway so he ferried the crete in the bucket of his bobcat
broom finish with 2 coats of sealer (he also does stamping and staining)
5 Days total
$3400

Let me know if you want to come see it.

Wow, that's a lot of work for not a lot of money. Nice.

DAA

Just wanted to follow up...

I had Steve J. do my recent cement and fencing job at work (cut out/excavated asphalt, poured pad flush, fenced in enclosure).

100% happy with his work. Showed up to bid it on time, showed up to do the work when he said he would, had it completed when he said he would, did a good job, very fair price.

I'll definitely use him again. Have some broken sidewalk at the house that needs R&R'd, I'll be giving him another call when I'm ready to go on it.

- DAA