Choppers.....

Favorite Builders? Choose all that apply...

• Jesse James

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Dave Perowitz

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Billy Lane

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • OCC Jokers

• Indian Larry *R.I.P.*

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Arlen Ness

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Paul Yafee

• Martin Bros.

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Russ Mitchell *British Exile Cycles*

• Roger Bourget

• Total voters

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
Man....I don't know about everybody else but I can't stand the Orange County Chopper guys.....Paul Jr. and Paul Sr.

Besides their evident lack of talent, their arguing is downright annoying. I refuse anyone in my presence to even watch American Chopper!! :D

So who's everyone's favorite builder?

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
I think the simple lines of Russ's bikes are the way to go. I like his way of setting up brakes and clutches without levers. Twist grip clutch and combined foot brakes. ;)

madmaxchop_right_side.jpg

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I liked Indian Larry's bikes: still look like motorcyles, and don't have the ugly open space above the motor. Old skool, yo!

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I like the Exile bikes, very simplistic with some way trick ideas incorporated into the designs.

I also like the borget designs. All AL frames with the oil passing through the frame. I love their seating positions too....way comfy looking.

Caleb

BBowski82 said:
Man....I don't know about everybody else but I can't stand the Orange County Chopper guys.....Paul Jr. and Paul Sr.

Besides their evident lack of talent, their arguing is downright annoying. I refuse anyone in my presence to even watch American Chopper!! :D

So who's everyone's favorite builder?

while I totally agree about the OCC guys being clowns that dont really fab much, I would bolt bikes together too if I could make the coin they do...:D still dont like their "theme" bikes though...

I really liked the Martin Bros bikes, atleast the few I have seen...

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
It occured to me that the only reason they have the OCC clowns on Discovery is to show how bad they really are. Look at it, they don't ever show Jr. on an english wheel or a sand bag hammering out a new custom tank.

Juxtapose that with all of the other bike shows; each and every one of those guys pound out their own parts. I think honorable mention should go to guys like Jesse Rooke, Chica and Matt Hotch. These guys are doing the real innovations on this motocycle trend.

Did you ever notice or wonder why OCC is not invited to the Biker Build-off shows? They could never compete. It seems like they are on the trend of building theme bikes aimed at honoring everything that will get them another season. NYPD/FDNY/POWMIA/LIBERTY/David Mann.

BBowski82

What are you looking at?
jamesgeologist said:
Did you ever notice or wonder why OCC is not invited to the Biker Build-off shows? They could never compete.

At the same time........how come Jesse James doesn't get invited? He definitely has talent to compete!

Have you seen Exile's cable actuated remote mounted brake master cylinder....SWEET! would work great on our bikes...

jamesgeologist

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
BBowski82 said:
At the same time........how come Jesse James doesn't get invited? He definitely has talent to compete!

My guess is that they already have him hooked up with shows and appearances that he doesn't have time, or he chooses to stay away. Although, he would probably win on name and brand recognition alone......

I guess that's not to say that OCC doesn't just stay away as well. Who know's? It's really all about what you or I like and I don't mind not seeing OCC at the build-off's.

Andy

aka. Hollywood
spencurai said:
I also like the borget designs. All AL frames with the oil passing through the frame. I love their seating positions too....way comfy looking.

Got any pics of this??

James, I like the look of that first bike, do you have a link or anything to go with that?

Andy

Caleb

Andy said:
Got any pics of this??

James, I like the look of that first bike, do you have a link or anything to go with that?

Andy

the Bourget bike he did on the Biker build off in tribute to his son was prolly the coolest bike, IMO, that I have ever seen...I'll see if I can dig up a pic...

TK1

Full Mall Crawler Status
As a custom painter, I've got to go with Dave Perowitz, Arlen Ness, and the Martin Bros.

I also dig Chica's and Matt Hotch's stuff.