CJ 7 Questions

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
The only thing I don't like about those years is the quadratrac system.

I believe the quadratracks are only behind the auto trannys.

A couple of side thoughts, what happened to the stock fenders? Accident? Rust?

Also most body armor is used to cover up body damage or rust. So what's under it.

If its the 304 with a t18 that cherokeester described it could be a fun run around rig.

CJs are ways cooler than YJs :D

Toad

I have a cj7 u might be interested in. 1984, 401 Howell tbi, dana 300, stock axles, spring over with 1.5 rubicon express YJ springs, Shackle reversal, Hardtop, tub us mostly rust free but it is tweaked on the drivers side by the upper door hinge. I also have a yj tub and frame that I could toss in on the deal

Green-Tonka-CJ5

BEE-DUHB
I have a 77 cj7 with auto and quadratrac. I dont mind the system so far. I use it mostly for around town with occasional off road. Someone put a part time kit in it. I like the 304 compared to my FI 4.2. Also automatics rock

Cascadia

Undecided
I put armor on 2 rigs that had zero damage. I put it on to keep them from getting damage. But I do see where y'all are coming from. I will try and find out. I am glad it's not diamond plate though.

Do they make a 4 to 1 kit for the Dana 20? Could it hold up to 37's? I will have to upgrade axles first but just wondering.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
No really, my YJ is way nicer. I should have just traded for your Yamaha 1100. Buy mine. ZERO rust and you could run 37's easy.

Cascadia

Undecided
I would gladly buy it if I had the cash but I'm only able to trade my yfz right now. Trying to build a new home and just bought a new truck so the cash isn't plentiful right now.

Cascadia

Undecided
It is an 07. The original owner put a couple of tanks through it. Then his girlfriend was riding it and forgot to shift. Because of that the motor got a $3300 motor build and rebuild with all high compression parts. Have the receipt. I am still on the original tank of gas since the rebuild. It's in perfect condition.

Pile of parts

I put armor on 2 rigs that had zero damage. I put it on to keep them from getting damage. But I do see where y'all are coming from. I will try and find out. I am glad it's not diamond plate though.

Do they make a 4 to 1 kit for the Dana 20? Could it hold up to 37's? I will have to upgrade axles first but just wondering.

No 4 to 1 for the Dana 20 but they do make a 3.15 to1.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
It is an 07. The original owner put a couple of tanks through it. Then his girlfriend was riding it and forgot to shift. Because of that the motor got a $3300 motor build and rebuild with all high compression parts. Have the receipt. I am still on the original tank of gas since the rebuild. It's in perfect condition.

Have you dropped this on KSL.com? How much does that guy think his jeep is worth?

Cascadia

Undecided
Yes, it's on ksl but not much interest. I'm guessing because of the winter. He hasn't come out and said a price, just wants a straight trade.