CJ vs YJ windshield frame and glass

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
I went out a few weeks ago to one of the junk yards my son frequents and there was a 93 YJ on the lot. It had some nice parts on it that followed me home. One was the hard top that I am trying to sell and the other was a brand new windshield frame with glass. The Jeep had plenty of rust (or the doors would have come home) and I think the glass company wouldn't swap the glass because of a very rusty frame so they put in a new one. I bought the frame because it looks just like the one on my CJ8. I have looked up the parts online for the YJ and CJ since I picked it up and the part numbers are almost the same but off by the last number. Does anyone know what might be different between the two ? I know I have a YJ wiper motor on my CJ so I know that part matches up. I like having spare parts for my Jeep but if it won't fit I will just sell the frame.

Pile of parts

The cj windshield frame has holes to match up to the defroster vents in the cj cowl. The yj does not. That's about the only difference I know of. I have a cj windshield frame on my yj tub. I cut holes in the cowl to match up to the cj frame since I did a cj style conversion dash.