cj8 Input

webyepn

gone yeepn
Hey everyone. So i sold my xj and bought me a Scrambler. I am looking for ideas for my build and suggestions. If you have any photo's of a dash please post it. I will take and be posting pics soon. Thanks.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
On my Scrambler I put in a stainless dash that I ordered online from a place that will custom make them. I can take a picture of it when I get home tonight if you want. I also put in a 99 TJ 4.0 in my 84 along with an aw4 tranny, and waggy dana 44 axles.

bofish52

Cj 8

If your just down in Orem read my post ( Wasatch Valley Jeep Club ) and think about diving the canyon to help start a Jeep Club. Really like my 85 Scrambler and hope you will enjoy yours.

webyepn

gone yeepn
On my Scrambler I put in a stainless dash that I ordered online from a place that will custom make them. I can take a picture of it when I get home tonight if you want. I also put in a 99 TJ 4.0 in my 84 along with an aw4 tranny, and waggy dana 44 axles.

I would really like 2 see it. my dash is really beat up and im considering something like that.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
I have a new, never installed stock dash with all the stock cut outs made. Never installed if you are interested in that look or to modify it for what you need.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member

Hey, post that link up for us non CJ8 guys will you? I'd like a kewl dash.

webyepn

gone yeepn
If your just down in Orem read my post ( Wasatch Valley Jeep Club ) and think about diving the canyon to help start a Jeep Club. Really like my 85 Scrambler and hope you will enjoy yours.

Hey i looked for your post but couldn't find it. Where did you post it? Id really like to help out where i can.

webyepn

gone yeepn
I have a new, never installed stock dash with all the stock cut outs made. Never installed if you are interested in that look or to modify it for what you need.

Send me some pics if you have any i may be interested i have been looking at overlay's.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
It has been in the corner of the garage for awhile. I forgot that it was not pre-cut. Even cooler since you can mount any guage anywhere you want. Tonight all you get is dark garage / cell phone pics, if you want something better I can get them for you tomorrow

dash01.jpg

dash02.jpg

webyepn

gone yeepn
Na that works. Thanks a lot i may be interested i have been thinking about doing autometer gauges in some cool configuration. PM me on a price? I like the black to that will go good with my paint schem.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
ok check your PM's in just a few minutes. The black you see is not a good quality paint, but more of a solid primer. There are some scratches that the photos don't show.

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Dave was it hard puting the steering colum in? What does that S10 Break booster do? my brakes are ok but i would like them to be better. And y the Gm blower motor. Sorry for all the Questions.

The steering column wasn't that bad but did require mounting it a bit higher than normal so the brake pedal would clear some of the switches. The S10 brake booster is a dual diaphragm design that works better than the stock power brake unit. It does require making a fairly simple custom mounting bracket. The GM blower upgrade makes the heater work much better than the stock motor and is fairly easy to do.

webyepn

gone yeepn
:D:D:D

Check out the sweet dash, halfway down the first page (those pics were in the pre-stretched garage, eh?)

Scramblers are kewl!!!

Last night i read ur whole thread. That scrambler turned out good. Has anyong noted on that build you guys ate a lot of apolo burger. I swear in about every pick there is a drink cup from there.. lol:rofl::rofl: Do u have any good picks of the back gate? I need to see how they latch from stock?