CO2 Tank Refill

Medsker

2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I did the Pony Express Trail yesterday and got so dusty that I used my CO2 tank to blow out my Jeep and empited it half way through. I tried to do a search on CO2 on here but it said it was to short of phrase to search for. I'm wondering where everyone is getting their bottles filled? I can either trade my tank in or get it refilled as it is just a standard tank. I'm pretty sure it is a 10# tank if that matters. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Medsker

Pike2350

Ive used Universal Cylinders...although I think they have a new name now. They ate st about 1900 S 900 W on the east side. A swap is around $18. I haven't ever just had them just fill mine but i heard it's a 24 hour turn around. Inalways swap since they usually have 4-5 10# sitting up front ready to go.

X2 on Universal Cylinder or whatever their new name is now. As mentioned above, if you like the looks of your cylinder, be prepared to leave it for a day or two.

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Universal Cylinder isn't at the same place anymore. They left last summer. They were my go to as well and I've had an empty tank since I tried to get it swapped out last summer.

Pike2350

Thats right. I forgot they moved. They are at 999 Redwood Rd now. Its the old US Welding. All combined they are Rocky Mountain Air Solutions. Not sure hows they operate now...but worth a call

LJTim

I have 2 things to say about all this.

1. Universal Cylinder is now Rocky Mountain Air solutions, located on Redwood Rd. They still provide the same services. I had a tank hydro tested from them a few months ago.

2. Another resource for filling tanks is Premier Medical Distribution in Draper. They are my go-to, as I am in the south end of the SL valley more often than the northwest.

Medsker

It looks like Premier Medical Distribution is on 12300. I live just 15 minutes West of there. Do you know if they fill only or do they exchange also?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
We can fill tanks on the spot in either store (Midvale or Ogden) as long as they have a current hydro test (good for 5 years from most recent test). We're open 7 days a week in Midvale, closed Tuesdays in Ogden. It's $17.50 for a 5lb or $24 for a 10.

Salt city brew supply or Ogden city brew supply.

Oh ya, 5% RME discount if you mention you saw this here.

It also helps if the tank is cool when you bring it... Or at the very least not scorching hot from sitting in the car in July ;)

Medsker

I tried Premier Medical Distribution this morning but despite the door saying they were open at 8:00 the doors were still locked at 9:00 so I headed to AF to try Humphries Welding. They were quick and courteous. It was $19.31 to exchange. I'll try your place next time Cody. Got to spread the love around :)

Thanks again for the suggestions!

LJTim

It looks like Premier Medical Distribution is on 12300. I live just 15 minutes West of there. Do you know if they fill only or do they exchange also?
Sorry, I just saw this. I am unaware if they do exchanges.

Regarding the doors being locked - they always are. You have to ring the doorbell, then they will let you in.

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
We can fill tanks on the spot in either store (Midvale or Ogden) as long as they have a current hydro test (good for 5 years from most recent test). We're open 7 days a week in Midvale, closed Tuesdays in Ogden. It's $17.50 for a 5lb or $24 for a 10.

Salt city brew supply or Ogden city brew supply.

Oh ya, 5% RME discount if you mention you saw this here.

It also helps if the tank is cool when you bring it... Or at the very least not scorching hot from sitting in the car in July ;)

That is AWESOME! I live in West Haven, so I'll be coming to the Ogden one to get mine filled.

I've been using the Norco in SLC just off the 201 but have to leave my tanks for a few days and it's about a 25 mile drive. I will definitely be bringing mine to you in Ogden next fill.

Thank you.

Mike